Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!:laugh2:

Recently I bought a Mustang 3.7. V6 (309hp and year 2013) freshly imported from the US (so the car is all american-like). I received 2 keys. One seemed to be like an admin key, since all of the function were free to use in the computer and it opened all doors, etc. The other one seemd to be like an emergency key (it only opens driver door and some funtions in the main menu of the car aren't available).

While using the "admin-key" I accidently activated the "MyKey" option. First everything worked fine but today this main key does not start the engine any more. It only gets electricity started but if you turn it further nothing happens. There is a little red sign with a car and a lock, which probably indicates that the car is somehow "locked".

So what I do at the moment is using that second poor key which seems to be like a "MyKey" since there are only few of the original settings available in the menu. I also would love to have the original apps in the menu back, e.g. like those where you can measure your brakes and speed, etc.
So as it seems I don't have an admin key any more now since the main one is either broken or converted to a "not working MyKey" and the other one is a "MyKey". This really sucks...

I wonder if all of this is related to me activating "MyKey"?

I wonder even more if I can get it back to how it was somehow?

Has anyone here experience with that issue or any advice?

Thanks a lot!

MustangHans

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Time to pull out the manual. If you don't have it, google it. I found it to download. In the meantime, I found this -

CLEARING ALL MYKEYS
Note: All programmed MyKeys can be cleared within the same key cycle
in which a MyKey was created, otherwise an admin key is required to
clear the keys.
To clear all MyKeys (which removes all restrictions and returns them to
admin key status), use the information display controls to do the
following:
For Type 1 information display settings
1. Press SETUP until PRESS RESET TO CLEAR MYKEY is displayed.
2. Press and release the RESET button. HOLD RESET TO CONFIRM
CLEAR is displayed.
3. Press and hold the RESET button for two seconds until ALL
MYKEYS CLEARED is displayed.
For Type 2 information display settings
1. Access the main menu and select Settings, then MyKey.
2. Scroll to Clear All and press the OK button.
3. Hold the OK button until ALL MYKEYS CLEARED is displayed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you a lot for your answer. But the manual doesnt give any more informationen on the issues. Just as you wrote: I need the admin key to clear all MyKeys. And that admin key doesnt work :p
Guess I will have to see the Ford car dealer about it...

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
It sounds like the chip in the first key is going bad. Try turning the key over and turning it on, on my old Explorer that worked to get me home but it does sound like the chip went bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts