Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new 2020 GT. My 2016 GT/CS had 25K miles on it so I figured it was worn out (obviously kidding in case someone hasn't had their coffee yet). It's pretty much like the previous car except the active exhaust is sick! I'm not even going to have to go see my muffler guy. And since I've gone over to the dark side the 10 speed tranny is awesome.

My question is the MyMode function. Is it possible to have the default set to Normal except have the exhaust set to Sport. There is little information in the Quick Start and no information in the Owner's Manual. My sales guy thinks it can be done but he couldn't break the code. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
7,575 Posts
Congrats on the 2020. Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question. Have you reviewed the owners manual for a possible answer.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the 2020.

Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question. Have you reviewed the owners manual for a possible answer.
MyMode isn't even mentioned in the owner's manual and there is limited information in the quick start guide. I'm going to lean on my salesman.

·
Registered
219 Posts
For some reason I can't watch the video posted above, so I have a follow up question. Is there some way of having the car automatically go into MyMode at start up? Mine seems to always start in normal mode regardless of what mode it was in when I shut it off.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally figured it out and it's pretty cool. You simply set the car up the way you want it (naturally the exhaust has to be set on Sport) and push and hold the OK button. This holds your favorite settings in memory. From then on once the car is running (it always defaults to the Normal Mode) you simply take the Mode toggle switch and bump it up twice. This puts you in MyMode with all your saved settings and you are good to go. I love it :laugh2:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Harvey,

You are a man after my own heart! Keep enjoying these cars!

Pete

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone!

Great thread here - more informative than the Ford literature I've been able to source on MyMode. Just curious - in the 2019 GT, MyMode became the default once you had it set up, or so it seemed to me. Now, every time I start my 2020, it's defaulted to Normal. I...really liked having my starting experience exactly the way I like my starting experience! Am I doing something wrong? If not, is there something I can do, some sort of change I can make in the background to have MyMode become the default?

Any and all advice/help 100% appreciated!

SO

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello everyone!

Great thread here - more informative than the Ford literature I've been able to source on MyMode. Just curious - in the 2019 GT, MyMode became the default once you had it set up, or so it seemed to me. Now, every time I start my 2020, it's defaulted to Normal. I...really liked having my starting experience exactly the way I like my starting experience! Am I doing something wrong? If not, is there something I can do, some sort of change I can make in the background to have MyMode become the default?

SO
That would be nice but I don't think it is possible. Every time you start the car it will default to Normal. You have to bump the Mode toggle switch up twice to get into whatever My Mode settings you prefer - it gets to be a habit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello everyone!

SO
That would be nice but I don't think it is possible. Every time you start the car it will default to Normal. You have to bump the Mode toggle switch up twice to get into whatever My Mode settings you prefer - it gets to be a habit.
This is my experience as well on my 2019 GT.

The thing I hate is that I have magnetic ride but you have no way to adjust it manually so it can’t be part of my mode.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts