Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was cleaning, and replacing my headlight switch in my car, pulled seats out, to clean the carpets, and i noticed a ball off wires hanging under my steering wheel by the pedals, so i played with it a little (being careful not to disconnect anything, and there are relays of some sort electrical taped to wires, its a real mess, im just wondering, because the rest of the wires go to a 9 pin connector threw the firewall of my car, this is not at all stock, and it goes into a box located under my steering column... any idea's? or suggestions on how to remove it?? the 9 pin connector isnt plugged into anything, and there is a "status" light on my bezel that ive always wondered what it was for anyway, heres some pics, they arent the greatest but its the best i can do..

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm guessing either an alarm or a remote start. Here's what I'd do: Start Googling any numbers you find on the boxes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm guessing either an alarm or a remote start. Here's what I'd do: Start Googling any numbers you find on the boxes.
Will do, its really weird tho b/c the labels are for lights, radiator fan, 4-way flashers, just random stuff, and like i mentioned it looks like garbage, ill start googling and let you know at least i have a start now lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so far the numbers that i found on the relays are 4dr003520-59 and its Optilux brand?? there are 2 of the same ones i think its a fog light/HID kit??

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yes, I think you'll figure it out, sounds like guys might have already. You might also be able to trace the wires on the outputs of the relays, to see what they feed.
Is there any way to contact the previous owner, so you can ask him?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
The white box is your ignition switch -- don't disconnect anything there! I know that there is a multifunctions switch up on the column more (near the wheel) that controls all the headlights, hazards, turn signals, wipers, etc. Are the wires coming from that?
+1 on the aftermarket alarm/ remote start. Check with your local electrical autoparts installer (like "Sound Solutions" -- somebody that does car audio and maybe alarm installs). :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes i checked with a local company here that installs alarms/systems and YES it is an alarm for the car, turns out it has EVERYTHING so i just need to but the actual unit to make it functional again, Thanks everyone for you help, its greatly appreciated!!:bigthumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts