Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says im interested in getting a list of N/A mod's with each mod's respective power gains and how much they cost for parts and labor for the unskilled who cant do the install them self. Just performance mod's... no cosmetic or suspension stuff.

Ill try and update the original post as people add to the thread to keep an updated list at the top of thread... this way every newbie to power mod's can be linked back here when they ask questions!

I know this isnt an exact science as different combinations of mod's yield different overall results.... but we can give a ballpark for each mod.

Hopefully this thread idea works, lol.

Ill start.

CAI/TUNE - $550-750 - Gain of about 20-25 RWHP. No Labor here.

UDP - $? - Gain? - Labor?

CMDP - $? - Gain? - Labor?

Cams NSR - $? - Gain? - Labor?

Cams VSR - $? - Gain? - Labor?

Electric Water Pump - $? - Gain? - Labor?

Intake manifold - $? - Gain? - Labor?

L/T Headers - $? - Gain? - Labor?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like YOU have some research to do.....:hihi:
LOL.... I do have some research to do... unfortunately my FI dream is dead for this car (atleast for a long time) due to these pesky student loans... grrrrr....

As im done with show mod's and the focus is swithing to GO mod's.... i figure i would get a list going so that everyone can refer to it... if this idea works, lol.

Im personally going to start out with cai/tune (bought already), UDP, CMDP.... i figure im good for about 35rwhp with those three.

I have GT350 on my side stripe... i figure its time to stop being a poser:shigrin

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Although I'm against most bolt ons... I'll do my best to help out! :)

K&N Drop-in High-Flow Air Filter - $45 - 3-5hp - Easy install.

Axleback Mufflers - $250-300 and up - 5-10 hp - Easy install... Maybe like $10 to have a shop do it

Throttle Body - $300 - (supposedly) 10-15 hp - Easy install.

UDP - $210 - 10 hp - Sort of easy install. Probably cheap for a shop to do

Aluminum 1-piece driveshaft - $700+ - ? (Less rotating mass and stronger!) - Medium install. Probably somewhat expensive for a shop to install

Charge Motion Delete Plates - $150+ - 10 hp - Medium install. Probably somewhat expensive for a shop to install

I'll come up with some more later. I'd highly suggest AGAINST the throttle body - Most people see only problems and no increase with them.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Okay I can give you most of what you are looking for I hope.

If you are somewhat mechanically savey do the underdrivepullies yourself and save the money same for the CMDP and the electric water pump. I not saying I am just saying performance shops suck know matter how accredited you think they are they are a buisness and want money more than every know.

now on to the HP

UDP - $200-250 - Gain 5-10RWHP - $100

CMDP - $129-200 - 5-10? - sorry dont know do it yourself?

Cams NSR - $650 - 20-30RWHP- Labor 600+

Cams VSR - $900+? - 30-40RWHP - 1000 or less depending on the shop?

Iam adding these cams
Cams SPR and - $1100+ 40+RWHP - 1000+

Electric Water Pump - $329 brenspeed - 5-10RWHP - labor do it yourself?

Intake manifold - C&L $799 JPC MMR 1600+- Gain 15-30RWHP, depending on application - Labor? sorry I would do it youself not a long or hard itstall

L/T Headers - $ 400+, Gain 15-25RWHP with mufflers - Labor 400+

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow quite the responses so far.... i just realized i cant edit my first post, lol... so i guess everyone just add along as you go.... or maybe STL can edit my original post and update it as people add.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
wow quite the responses so far.... i just realized i cant edit my first post, lol... so i guess everyone just add along as you go.... or maybe STL can edit my original post and update it as people add.
Stl can do that just PM him.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
For sure! LOL! :shigrin

People can do something called "scrolling down" too... :bigthumbsup

The thing with bolt ons is that not everyone is going to see the same results, because the increases are so little.

It's gonna take quite a lot to hit 350rwhp, just so you know! :p

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For sure! LOL! :shigrin

People can do something called "scrolling down" too... :bigthumbsup

The thing with bolt ons is that not everyone is going to see the same results, because the increases are so little.

It's gonna take quite a lot to hit 350rwhp, just so you know! :p
First off, your sig is just awesome :hihi::hihi:

yah i know.... with a baseline of roughly 265rwhp on a GT... thats 85rwhp to go, LOL!

Im debating going to the dyno after i get the cai/tune (its in the mail) and spending the money at the dyno or just save it and do the cmdp... im guessing around 290rwhp with cai/tune and cmdp... then its a gap of 60rwhp or so:happyhapp.... long way to go... but im sure over time it will get there.

the big one to save up for is cam's... but im really scared of the install... infact so much so i know i need to save for labor too... the other big one to save for is the driveshaft too.

here is the stage 1 cams i want to do:gringreen:
http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product.phtml?p=1890

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
LOL thanks! :laugh: (I'm still a minor so $9 an hour isn't bad haah! :hihi: )

I think with bolt ons, it's best to do a stock HP dyno. That way you'll have something to see your gains from. I read a thread a few days ago about someone who had like 5 bolt ons and a tune... And was only making 265rwhp! :(

Some GT's come with more HP than others - Definitely get a base dyno done now!

I'd definitely only spend the ~$50~ on a dyno after some MAJOR mods, like cams and longtubes. If you get a $50 dyno after each new bolt on, you may has well just've bought a Vortech! :shigrin (Don't get a dyno after UDP, CAI, tune, mufflers, electric water pump, CMCV delete plates... There's a few more I'm not thinking of. Maybe after all of them... But not in between. :bigthumbsup )

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL thanks! :laugh: (I'm still a minor so $9 an hour isn't bad haah! :hihi: )

I think with bolt ons, it's best to do a stock HP dyno. That way you'll have something to see your gains from. I read a thread a few days ago about someone who had like 5 bolt ons and a tune... And was only making 265rwhp! :(

Some GT's come with more HP than others - Definitely get a base dyno done now!

I'd definitely only spend the ~$50~ on a dyno after some MAJOR mods, like cams and longtubes. If you get a $50 dyno after each new bolt on, you may has well just've bought a Vortech! :shigrin (Don't get a dyno after UDP, CAI, tune, mufflers, electric water pump, CMCV delete plates... There's a few more I'm not thinking of. Maybe after all of them... But not in between. :bigthumbsup )
Im gunna take you up on the base dyno idea.... there is a dyno day coming up at my local shop... its like $40 a run... minus well see where im at to start... im thinking a dyno is in order after the cai/tune, cmdp, and udp are done.... i already have mufflers.

im still debating on the cams... intake manifold im more inclined towards... just because in know i can do the install myself....i prefer to do things i can do the install on first.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
CAI/TUNE - $550-750 - Gain of about 20-25 RWHP. No Labor here.
Good estimates on both

UDP - $? - Gain? - Labor?
Around $200 - 7-10 - $100

CMDP - $? - Gain? - Labor?
$149 - ~10 - $150

Cams NSR - $? - Gain? - Labor?
$500 - 25 - $400

Cams VSR - $? - Gain? - Labor?
$900 - 30-35 - $600

Electric Water Pump - $? - Gain? - Labor?
$350 - ~5-6 - $200

Intake manifold - $? - Gain? - Labor?
Not worth the effort

L/T Headers - $? - Gain? - Labor?
$1000-$1300 - 17-22 - ~$600.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
What is a CMDP? :headscratch:

DOH! I'm not used to calling "charge motion delete plates" like that. :hihi:
Nevermind! ;)

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Not on their best day. An axleback is worth virtually nothing other than sound.
I bet you a kajillion dollars that if you have a Mustang with 1000rwhp with the stock mufflers on, replacing them with Loudmouths (or something similar) will gain you AT LEAST 10 hp! :laugh:

You are right. That is what most manufactures claim though (5-10 hp). :)

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
I bet you a kajillion dollars that if you have a Mustang with 1000rwhp with the stock mufflers on, replacing them with Loudmouths (or something similar) will gain you AT LEAST 10 hp! :laugh:

Ok... I'd buy that. :D

·
Registered
10,876 Posts

If you still had them on I think the first time you went WOT you would blow them off. .....:happyhapp

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.