Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, anyone else here install the N2MB WotBox on a 2011 GT yet? I spent the better part of last Sunday afternoon installing this box ( most time was spent hiding all wiring and verifying EVERYTHING since it splices into the harness). I havent got to play with it yet, but initial testing says the WotBox 2-step and No-Lift shifting (gear-banging) are working. I have configured this box exactly as Jon at N2MB says, and my splices are perfect.

Now that I have this box installed, I can be cruising say 3k rpm, very light throttle and no clutch and my check engine light flashes and my ignition stops firing on all cylinders. Fires on enough to stay running, but cannot accelerate. My ignition will kick back in after maybe 1/4 mile, drive OK then do the same thing again. If I accellerate too much under this condition (while trying to find a parking spot) I will get some ignition related codes.)

I have to completely remove the box to cure this issue. On or Off, if the box is in-line with my ignition this keeps happening. Last message I got from N2MB was it was not a Wotbox problem.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
That's strange. I was thinking about getting one of those. I'm not sure who has one on the 5.0 I think that lethal performance has it on their 5 liter.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's strange. I was thinking about getting one of those. I'm not sure who has one on the 5.0 I think that lethal performance has it on their 5 liter.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
I bought it from lethal. Spoke to Christy. They dont have any installed. on thier 2011's. There are a few youtube vids of folks after they are installed but thats it for the 2011 GT.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I never could get mine to work properly. I had the same issues as you are having and ended up removing the system. I also spoke to at least two other 11 GT owners who ended up removing theirs.

I have used N2MB's products before with no issue, but there is obviously something not jiving with the WOT box and these new 5.0s

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is a shame! This was going to be one of my first mods. Guess i'll have to wait and see if they iron out the kinks. Have any of you guys contacted N2MB again to explain it MUST be their box?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is a shame! This was going to be one of my first mods. Guess i'll have to wait and see if they iron out the kinks. Have any of you guys contacted N2MB again to explain it MUST be their box?
Yep Ive been working with N2MB and hes gonna send me a new box. I have a suspicion though that the Wotbox may cause the impedence on the circuit to exceed Ford's operational tolerances and the PCM kicks into a limp. I am wondering what is happening in my GT at a steady cruise that could cause this. There is no cylinder management in these cars that I have heard of (and I have no clue how these cars get 26mpg either....I get less than half of that).

So hes gonna send me the box and Im gonna plug it in and see what happens. I would bet money it does the same thing. I hate that I spliced my harness for this. N2MB would be redeemed if the replacement works. I really hope it does.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, it looks like there has been some progress. I hope this is the case. Seems there are 2 PCM builds for the 2011 GTs. Job 1, early build...and Job 2, late build. supposedly the 2 builds have different "misfire" tables. The early job 1 "misfire" table appears to be OK and does not cause any issues when a WotBox is installed. Its the job 2 "misfire" table that is causing some issues. They are saying the fix is to copy the job 1 misfire table into my tune......... Lets see how many emails and phone calls im gonna have to make to get the job 1 "misfire" table", and then scratch my arse while trying to figure out what to do with it or pay to have my tune reworked (if I cant get lund to fix it). ....ughhhhh WOTBOX.

·
Registered
407 Posts
My car was built 4-10, job 1 build. I could not get the WOT box to function without misfire codes. GL!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My car was built 4-10, job 1 build. I could not get the WOT box to function without misfire codes. GL!
if i cant have this update done for free im gonna yank it all. I want the features, not the B.S.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My 2011 GT and the Wotbox are playing nicely now. Jon Lund has a fix for it (at least for my car). No more ignition codes.

I have asked him what exactly he had to do to my tune, but have yet to hear back.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
72 Posts
Did you ever hear back? i still want this thing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts