Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love race cars, and after thinkin a little i came up with the idea of getting my name painted (probably in red matching the interior) above both of the doors on the roof like on a nascar on my mustang. Asking for opinions on this. Has anyone done this to their stang? If it's a bad idea please don't flame me too much :) Any idea how much this would cost? i would put my first name on it, Seth.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Uh.. can you say "Bubbastang"?

·
Registered
785 Posts
I think it is an interesting idea. Now the other side - when I first got "vanity" plates on my car I was told by someone a "vanity" plate was the quickest way to identify a vehicle. Get into trouble and people spot a "vanity" - they know who you are in a heartbeat. Put your name on it or on the car - case closed.

·
Registered
451 Posts
mmm.....I wouldn't do it, but if that's what you like...rock on!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I wouldn't do it, but if you do go to a place where the make door graphics and get your name in decal form, that way if you decide you don't like it, it's gone in a matter of minutes.:hihi:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Not sure I'd do it either...but if I did it would be in script font and not too large. You want to notice it up close, but not take away from the car from a distance.

You can probably experiment by printing what you want on a laser printer on clear plastic presentation slides and then taping them in place. That way you can get a feel for size and font.

·
Registered
816 Posts
NO!! Don't do it man! Next you will be putting a big number on your sides and driving like Richard Petty Jr.!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Interesting idea but I lean toward no. If you want to see how it looks and if you like get some vinly self stick letters (script) at Office Depot and give it a try.

A few drivers have their name on the door just below the window. This might look better than on the roof.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Maybe... if your name was "General Lee".

·
Registered
708 Posts
I've seen them done below the window glass and in a similar color but a slightly deeper shade comprared to the body paint. That's not bad looking at all as it doesn't stand out 20ft away and you can pick it out easily at 5ft.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I've seen them done below the window glass and in a similar color but a slightly deeper shade comprared to the body paint. That's not bad looking at all as it doesn't stand out 20ft away and you can pick it out easily at 5ft.
That's what I was thinking...below the door is the old school way. In a shade or two lighter or darker than the body paint. You don't see it till you're up close. I wouldn't do it, but I think it could be cool. I knew a guy that had a jacked up monster truck and his name was in script below the window "Danny". Of course that was a bubba-mobile so it fit right in. That thing was so big that he had to give his petite little girl-friend a boost up just to get her in it...think he did that on purpose? ;)

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I vote no. But hey, it's your car.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Uh.. can you say "Bubbastang"?
LMAO... :laugh:

But, in all honesty, I wouldn't mind having a removable decal for the track only. Same goes for my NHRA competition number. I'd use them at the track, and then remove them on the street. These would look right at home at the dragstrip, but pretty dorky in the parking lot at work. hahaha.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Don - go to a local sign store and get a set of magnetic numbers. Or look online for removeable race numbers (magnetic or static). A lot of the autocross guys use them. I made myself a set of the magnetic ones for autocrossing.

Wait..114 in the 1/4...make sure to give them a test run before you get to the track. I'm not sure what the speed rating is on the magnets!!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Don - go to a local sign store and get a set of magnetic numbers. Or look online for removeable race numbers (magnetic or static). A lot of the autocross guys use them. I made myself a set of the magnetic ones for autocrossing.

Wait..114 in the 1/4...make sure to give them a test run before you get to the track. I'm not sure what the speed rating is on the magnets!!
Actually, you're not allowed to use magnetic signs at the tracks here. I've seen guys use the static decals for numbers on windows... been thinking about trying those. For the car number at least.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I remember back in the 80s and my mom's 1984 Datsun-Nissan Maxima where she had her first name (Vera) in fancy cursive graphic letters above the driver's door handle.

I never understood why her name was put on the car...nor did I dare ask.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I remember back in the 80s and my mom's 1984 Datsun-Nissan Maxima where she had her first name (Vera) in fancy cursive graphic letters above the driver's door handle.

I never understood why her name was put on the car...nor did I dare ask.
Maybe her parents named her after the car?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts