Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my name is Gerard and im from Barcelona Spain! Im about to get a brand new GT but seriously, whats wrong with the navigation system? can someone please confirm that theres NO WAY for we european users to put euro maps on the mustang navi system?? thats my conclusion after 2 days searchin some info about it on the internet, i really hope im wrong but it doesnt seem to. I will appreciate any useful info!

___

Hola a todos! soy Gerard de Barcelona y me presento en el foro! tengo en mente un GT nuevo pero por mas info que busco sobre el navegador, no hay forma de encontrar informacion certera sobre si se puede mapear con mapas de Europa, por lo que he buscado en internet todo parece indicar que no es posible, pero como veo varios en internet traidos aqui y algunos llevan navegador... quiero creer que no solo la traen para usar la camara trasera y gestionar mejor el tema musica y tal xd GRACIAS!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Welcome from a fellow European.

I'm not sure what system is used in the USA, and with pricing for NavDVD's being what they are it's not a very likely way to test if an EU map will or will not work.

Best bet is to see what kind of DVD is used for the system, and how it's data is layed out on the disc. Then it's looking for an EU variant.

You might have luck asking a local Ford dealership, or contacting a Ford dealer in the US to answer either question.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah lot of people wasting $2000 and then realising that thing aint gonna work overseas.. i mean if they atleast had picked up the rearview camera lol

ive visited 2 ford dealerships and well.. they dont know anything about it but most important, they dont wanna give a f*** about it:gringreen guess all they wanna do is sell focus and mondeos

american dealerships are my last option... anyways ive contacted some people from spanish mustang/american cars forums and they all think its not possible. Big mistake here Ford:nono: guess i will get the car anyways

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I'm pretty sure it is possible... It just hinges on the format of the DVD used. Heck, Ford USA could be contacted directly to see if they can divulge that information.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Gerard and all,

I'm expecting to receive a new gt in a couple of weeks.

My importer told me there was no way to make the nav system work in Europe and to go for a portable unit, garmin or tom tom.

Best of lucks Gerard!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry man, better late than never lol

it sucks, i mean it really sucks... i guess i will have to get one of thoseand forgot about the build-in navi:mesad:

PS: looks like its gonna be a brand new SHELBY instead of a GT, holla at me:wavey:grinroll::grinroll::grinroll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts