Ford Mustang Forum banner

Navigation System Sizes?

866 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Vaporizer
I have an 06 Mustang GT and I'm planning on installing a navigation system, but I don't know how big it has to be or what type.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
It needs to be a double din style radio and you'll probably need to buy a ford dash adapter kit for it.
It needs to be a double din style radio and you'll probably need to buy a ford dash adapter kit for it.
Yep. Our S197 Mustangs have a double-din sized stereo system, all you need is a wiring harness, an adapter plate, and any standard double-din navigation system. Crutchfield.com is a great resource for the adapter plates and wiring harnesses.
See less See more
One suggestion I might make in having a navigation system installed is make sure the gps receiver is easily reachable. The reason I say this is the first time I installed mine I put the receiver facing sideways behind the head unit. So when it came time to update the maps I ended up having to fully remove the head unit just to update, just a little food for thought
See less See more
This isn't entirely related but.....My car has the factory Navigation system. It also Has the XM radio. whicj I don't use. I want to remove the ugly antenae off the trunk. Is it tied to the navigation system?
This isn't entirely related but.....My car has the factory Navigation system. It also Has the XM radio. whicj I don't use. I want to remove the ugly antenae off the trunk. Is it tied to the navigation system?
I do not believe it is tied to the GPS, however, I'm not positive. Maybe someone else will chime in. I do know it's for the XM receiver though.
See less See more
Thanks. I hope it isn't. My car has the spoiler delete option and I like the look, but that antenna sure is ugly.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.