Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?:I was hoping someone could give me some advice on how to prevent my new rotors from rusting. They are EBC with the the dimples and slots in them with the black colored hub. Well they are two days old and all starting to rust, including the black inside hub. One person told me to clean the rotors, paint them black, and then put a hi-temp clear coat on them, anyone think or feel that would work. Or do I just need to e-mail EBC and ask the what's up with these rotors? Thanks for any and all help with this. You can also answer on my regular email address: [email protected]

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
you cant paint edges but the clamping surface will always rust when it sits. have no fear that first stop sign, the rust is going to go bye bye

·
Registered
119 Posts
You mean "can" 05Horse?
Otherwise, I agree. Paint up the outer edge and anything that isn't in direct contact with the pads and leave everything else bare.
Frankly though, if yours are the kind with the full coating already, I'd call the manufacturer and find out what's up. I would think the whole point of the added cost of the coating is to keep it from rusting. Not only while it sits on the shelf, but on the car too.
If they're not that type, or they say "sorry Charlie" when you call, just get out the old rattle can and have at 'em.
I happen to like the Rust Converter paints myself. Good coverage, made specifically for rusty surfaces and seem to be very hard and durable. Not sure what their heat-resistance is though. And the one's I've used recently are flat-black instead of the Satin or Semi-Gloss that I would prefer.
For that though, you can use that high-temp clear you were talking about to gloss it up a bit.
Or just a high-temp satin black paint right from the start is a good bet too.

Good luck.

Paul

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
+1 on the above. It's just the nature of the beast. Exposed heated metal rusts when left overnight in humidity.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
yea can lol but its gonna fade

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.