Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 1966 Mustang that's finally getting close to being running. Mainly I need to finish the hydraulic clutch and brake system and then the entire car wiring harness.
It's got an EFI 5.0 out of a 1988 Mustang with a T-5. I'm using a 1991 Mass air harness with an A9L computer. Im then using an EZ Complete car wiring harness which is pictured.
My main question is how do I go about getting everything hooked up? Obviously I need to hook up the fuel pump, ignition, alternator, starter, and electric fan, but I just don't really know where to start at. I've been researching this a lot and I'm still stuck.
Thanks for any help guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts
Kind of vague question but if you have a factory style harness then you would lay it along the back of the motor against the firewall and then you can take wires to where they go. I placed my ECM on passenger side kick panel but keep in mind your heater box could get in the way.
Also the position of your battery in the classic is opposite the 88' so your wiring might have to change a bit.
This is very doable but still a big job if you have no wiring experience. Just take little parts at a time.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Well the engine and fuel management harness is a seperate thing from the chassi harness. Though the EZ kit shows fuel pump and electric fan curcits those things are really managed by the engine harness with a pink wire going to the inertia switch then the fuel pump for example. The ford computer needs control of the fuel pump to prime the line when the key is on etc. You will have to duplicate the water temp sender to your inerior gauge because the computer needs to know when the car is cold and warm and inbetween.
Lighting, wiper power, Power options(windows, locks, seats), Indicators , stop lamps, reverse lights,Gauges etc all are managed by the EZ kit.
it will be all plug and play with the only few interfaces to your chassi harness being constant and switched power and grounds I do believe. As with the ignition switch, no matter what you use, the engine computer has to see 12V+ while cranking and running. Approach it like that and start thinking of what the engine computer cares about and let it do those things exclusively. You will have to parall the water temp and oil pressure to let your chssi harness see the values and display them on the dash...etc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts