Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade my cooling system by swapping out stock and installing a new 3 core radiator to keep the 4.6L cooler on steamy summer track days. Any suggestions on where I can find a good radiator requiring minimum (or no) mounting modifications? Money is no object (unless it costs over $150!!)

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
$150 for a 3 core aluminum radiator for an SN95.......... Good Luck.

The best deal I've found is the Mizu radiator from sparkplugs.com. I did the install write up for them, and it's working great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great - Thanks. It looks good - it says it's a two core. Have you found it's substantially better than stock?

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
I saw a 6 degree difference after sitting in 96 degree heat stopped in traffic for 15 minutes. 202 with the stocker, 196 with the Mizu.

To be honest, you're not going to see much cooler temps with any radiator you go with. The benefits to the aluminum ones are that they don't have gay pressed on side tanks that leak. And the fan shroud for the Mizu looks farking sweet, and flows a lot more than the factory fan, which would account for the 6 degrees in temperature loss.

The cooling system in our cars is pretty damn good to begin with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts