Ford Mustang Forum banner

Need a little advice.

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Duane2009 
#1 ·
Is there a cheap way I can make my 2008 v6 convertible mustang go faster without spending too much money on it? Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897

#3 ·
You aren't going to see any real performance gains on cheap stuff. A CAI and Tuner combo from American Muscle is going to be the best bang for your buck. A close second would be gears and a t-lock(don't spend money on these if you're planning to go FI in the future, buy an 8.8 rear end.) A nitrous kit is a cheap way to achieve some big numbers, but it is dangerous on a stock engine.

If you're just looking for a little more oomph to your ride, the CAI and tuner gets my vote.

#4 ·
I feel that everyone who has asked this question in the past has received the same unanimous reply. CAI and tuner. Best bang for the buck,non intrusive (you dont have to bolt ant big parts on) and a definite do it your self application. The results are immediately and noticeable.Another cheap but effective "bolt on" would be the single GT muffler. The stock V6 muffler is very restrictive and cuts down on the free flow of exhaust. A single GT is cheap and easy and works.

#5 ·
I think we need a post count threshold for new people to be able to start a new thread.

This question has been answered COUNTLESS times, with the same answer. :/

Not trying to be a tool, just noticing this question being brought up a LOT.

#6 ·
Well that wouldn't be very nice to the people like me who know alot about cars and are just now joining the forums. :bigthumbsup
I do however feel that a punishment for not searching before posting should be enacted.

G
#7 ·
CAI w/Tuner, Exhaust, LCA, Gears

What most '05-'10 V6 owners do: A "larger then stock" cold air intake & maf housing w/SCT Tuner Combo kit. Tunable Induction's USA made, quality, value @ $529 Combo (black), $549 Combo (color matched to car). Then, free up the exhaust with a GT500 muffler or replace single exhaust to duals, replace rear lower control arms/bushings to eliminate wheel hoop and put more traction to the ground, then rear gears to make her quicker. :winks

Tunable Induction LLC The Original Mustang Cold Air Intake System is Now Partnered with Unique Tuning LLC The Carolinas #1 Source for Mustang And Dodge Performance Parts, Service And Dynojet Tuning Using Diablosport And SCT Tuning Software

#9 ·
Welcome to the forums, Mandy. Like TI said, a 'larger than stock' inlet tube will produce more noticable gains. I got the BBK pretty much just for looks lol. The tuner is a great investment, I got it first out of anything. It really lets loose some of the oomf your car already has..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.