Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a few searches but nothing that gave me an answer I needed. Sorry

My problem is this: When I really get in it and take it up to higher rpm's(5000+) it pushes the dipstick out some. Just enough that a LITTLE oil will hit the valve cover. Not alot by any means but some and I want to know what I can do to fix this.

Here is a little background info and it did NOT do this before I done the following... Put new Cam, Rockers, Springs, and lifters in. Installed all new gaskets including HEAD GASKETS. Then a new TRICK FLOW TRACK HEAT intake, Throttle Body, Cold Air. Everything was done right in order to spec very carefully. I did re-route and tweak(LESS CURVE) my DIPSTICK tube some to allow it to share a VALVE COVER bolt instead of the hard to get to HEADER BOLT. ALSO ITS A 1992 5.0.

Ive read some places that the tube from filler cap to throttle body needs to be removed. Is this true? What do I need to do with it? Is there any other cause for this? ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED! THANKS!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
its either building up pressure in your bottom end, or its just slinging out.

my guess is slinging out since you said you bent the tube so i would try to put it where its supposed to be.

and for the tube from the t.b., you can unhook it if you want, i took mine off.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dipstick still snaps in good and has a bend just not as much as before and isnt "loose" or anything but it made for much easier header bolt tightening/remove/install. Would really like to check and see if I can prevent it from happening without changing it back BUT I will do it if nothing else works.

On another note: If I unhook the hose to the Throttle Body what will I need to do to the Open Ports. Obviously cap the one on the TB but do I need to leave the one on the filler cap OPEN with a filter or CAP it as well. Seems like leaving it open would help vent too.

·
Registered
328 Posts
i had the same problem on my race car. it ended up being valves not seating and a valve job fixed it. you might do a leakdown and and compression check on it and try to narrow it down. it sounds like you have some blow by somewhere.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
The filler neck tube Needs to be inplace when running a PCV system. This is the Fresh air intake of the Crankcase vent system, with out this line it allows unmeter air into the system. Meaning air being drawn in that is not being accounted for by the Mass Air Sensor, and this can cause a Lean condition. Its the same principle as a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree with 89coupe Unless you have removed the entire pcv system and running valve cover breathers,this tube is a MUST on efi systems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.