Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a c&L CAI complete, but with no instructions b/c i bought it from an individual for $90 who put an s/c on his car and no longer can use the CAI. My main question is where does the little bracket on the MAF housing attach to? if someone has a good pic of thier intake they could post that would be great, or at least give me a little insight as to where this thing goes. .pdf instructions would be the ultimate, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
i have a c&L CAI complete, but with no instructions b/c i bought it from an individual for $90 who put an s/c on his car and no longer can use the CAI. My main question is where does the little bracket on the MAF housing attach to? if someone has a good pic of thier intake they could post that would be great, or at least give me a little insight as to where this thing goes. .pdf instructions would be the ultimate, thanks in advance!
This is a link to install a CAI. It's a K&N, not a C&L but the instructions fit.

K&N AirCharger CAI Install (w/pics & vid)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just need to know where the MAF bracket bolts to, the rest i can figure out. i looks as if it bolts to the valve cover bracket if i turn it a certain way. any help on this would be appreciated - thanks!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
The maf housing bracket attaches to the front valve cover bolt. C&L supplies a longer bolt with the CAI to bolt it down with.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
And while some have run the C&L street without the bracket, I wouldn't recommend it. I know of 1 that came off while driving...

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
The bracket is a must to install. it supports the intake tube because of the weight. The Race one is plastic and doesn't require one.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks fellas, appreciate all the info. i thought it might go on to the valve cover, but wasnt 100% sure. the photo helps alot. i did also learn that I dont have a longer bolt for the valve cover. Hopefully, it will be okay with the stock bolt, if not, ill think of something.

thanks again!

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
thanks fellas, appreciate all the info. i thought it might go on to the valve cover, but wasnt 100% sure. the photo helps alot. i did also learn that I dont have a longer bolt for the valve cover. Hopefully, it will be okay with the stock bolt, if not, ill think of something.

thanks again!
I honestly don't remember getting another bolt with mine.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
FWIW, my C&L Street CAI was installed 3 years ago w/o the bracket, and hasn't budged an iota.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.