Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Saturday was running so smoothly until I heard a loud rumble coming down the street. My neighbor, who once drove a Dodge Avenger, which trembled at the sound my stock exhaust, just traded it in for a Dodge Challenger. SRT-8 (although it is purple) :smartass:

Point is I want the loudest possible option for my V6. I don't care if I have to get steeper gears for an off-road exhaust (if that really is necessary?), or completely rebuild the exhaust system. Dual exhaust is a must, since I currently have the stock single right now. Under one thousand would be good, just need some ideas! :bigthumbsup:

Also, any ideas to dress up the rear (attached is a photo) to really enhance the look of duals would be good. Maybe this? Not really sure. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
gears for exhaust? what are you talkin about meng. anyway, loudest possible option would be SLP loudmouths, with an offroad H pipe and longtube headers. but i think that would sound like crap, leave the cats on it, and just do a catted h pipe and slp loudmouths, and trust me, that SRT8 wont be even to hear himself think

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
by the way, cutting the rear bumper is free...and still looks great. i dont like the look of that bumper you showed...at least not on a otherwise stock v6.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Pype Bombs sound like a freaking race car if you give it more than half throttle.

How about the GT500 rear bumper?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Well I can talk personally about mac pro dump mufflers...theyre one of the loadest mufflers as far as that goes. They are durable too, I've had mine on my car for over 7 years. I would highly recommend a off road H or X pipe it will free horsepower and I don't think it would sound like crap (I think it is whatever you are really looking for sound wise). I'm not real sure if mac makes pro dumps for your car, but if not you can always go option #2...take the car to the muffler shop and instead of putting pipes out to the rear of the car, have them put turn downs on it (this drops a couple of pounds of weight off, and really increases your exhaust note). With turn downs you wouldn't have to change your rear valance or cut it (you would just have people looking to see where the pipes were and wondering.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Pypes dual exhaust with Exhaust Cutouts/dumps from summitracing.com
you would have the dual exhaust look with no mufflers. IT IS SO LOUD.
I took my mufflers off once and it was MUCH louder than my friend's GT500

also longtube or shorty headers will do the trick

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yea, your rear looks plain...how about a ducktail spoiler? Or go with anything besides the same old stock one...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
If you want loud and cheap then take your muffler off, its free and will make your car unbearably loud.

If you want duals then have a custom H pipe installed and run either custom straight pipes with chrome tips or SLP loudmouths, same difference.

Both of those options are literally "mufflerless" and will leave you with only the cats and headers to quiet your motor. It will be loud, especially under load.

·
Registered
167 Posts
"Loud" does not necessarily equal a "quality" sounding exhaust note. In fact rarely have I ever heard a "Loud" exhaust that had a quality sound. Its not about the decibels to me, its the overall throat and tone. And a "Loud" V6,.....not something I want running up and down my addition street! Of course, this is only my opinion! :smoke:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I only have a cutout for my driver's side exhaust, but I would get this if I had the money.
3DCarbon 691566 3dCarbon™ Mustang V6 Dual Exhaust Rear Lower Skirt 2005-09 - 691566
You could paint it black to match your stripe and rocker panels, or just the center section black with the rest matching the body paint.

Personally, I think a cutout bumper looks better than the Street Scene one you linked to... but that's just my opinion...

Some 4" polished rolled tips would be nice. For me, I like the chrome tail light trim since it gives the rear a little more pop with the center cap and polished exhaust tips.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Do taking off the cats make the exhaust louder?

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Do taking off the cats make the exhaust louder?
taking off the cats does make the exhaust much louder...but there is one thing everyone forgets to mention when they are telling you to take the mufflers off and just run straight pipe or an x or h pipe with turn downs, and that is actually back pressure. believe it or not most cars loose horsepower with no mufflers installed.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Fat rear tires make the back look a lot better... and check out the cervini rear valance the one with no cut outs and then maybe do catbacks with the exhaust ending at the middle of the car

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
taking off the cats make v8's sound good, they make v6's flow way too much, and it will be very poppy, so like i said, it will sound like crap, ESPECIALLY if you have muffler deletes. just throw a set of flowmasters on it, and be done with it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
taking off the cats make v8's sound good, they make v6's flow way too much, and it will be very poppy, so like i said, it will sound like crap, ESPECIALLY if you have muffler deletes. just throw a set of flowmasters on it, and be done with it.
I was going to get O/R h-pipe with Pypes pype-bomb exhausts. So you are saying that will sound like crap and pop a lot? What would be my best bet. I want something that has a low deep rumble and turn heads. I'm tired of my single axle back Pypes exhaust.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
i just wouldnt go offroad pipes unless you had GT takeoffs out back. i say just do a normal H pipe and some flowmasters, or i guess if you really want to be loud, go with the SLP LM's/boomtubes/pypes muffler deletes they are all basically the same

·
Registered
445 Posts
i got pypes shorty headers and flowmaster 40 series h-pipe w/o cats sounds pretty good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.