Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using a fairly well built EFI 351w in front of a stock T5. I need a transmission that will be able to take a bit more power. The T5 is on its way out and I need some opinions on what to replace it with. I really don't care too much if its a manual or auto trans either. I was thinking about a c4 swap but I don't know how well that would work on the highway seeing as it only has 3 speeds. I would like a tko500 but that is well out of my price range. any thoughts or opinions?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are $2555 for the street 5 speed. thats more than a tko!

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I switched to a C-4 if you drive alot of hwy then go Lentech. That is if you want a trans that will hold.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
id go with a built t5. i hated not being able to drive on the highway

·
Registered
336 Posts
I bought a new Tremec Z-class T5 for $1500. They are suppose to be good up to around 450hp. I don't do much track time so that is good enough for me.

Robert

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
The only thing bad with the Tremecs are that they need new bellhousings and crossmembers so that adds to the price but they also offer stronger casings which limit the T5 to how strong you can make it.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
I see you feel very strongly towards your transmission....well good for you:rollgrin:!!! I just happen to have a tremec when I bought the car and it should be enough for (hopefully).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.