Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find the best switched fuse location to use a Busman add a circuit. This will be to power the added gauges I am installing. I see on the internet one guy used location 31- passage restraint. Is a better location available? I see the fuse box has several location listed in the owners manual as spare. Are any of the spare locations switched hot? 2013 GT premium.

I know some of you guys know this electrical stuff very well, can you recommend a fuse location to tap into?

thanks in advance, John

·
Super Moderator
2,336 Posts
Use a meter on the blank locations,and see if you have power,and what voltage,that should give you the answer,also make sure the circuit is big enough wire size and amps to support what you are plugging into it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't remember exactly which ones but some of the spares are switched- I used one for a dashcam. Like 5.0 suggested, use a meter to find out which. I believe some of the spares with 10A fuses were switched.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will get a new meter, The meter I have the display LCD no longer works.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just in case anyone comes back to this thread, on a 2013 gt fuse 33 was market As extra and it was a switched as ignition on circuit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts