Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So I barely got an 03 convertible gt... Traded in my 07 v6.... I need some advice on what else I can do to my car... So far I have a k&n cold air intake .. Bbk under drive pulleys and a diablo sport predator tuner w 93 octane reading.... I was thinking of some gears? But idk anything about the gears... And what are the best headers and exhasut I can get that will sound the best? What do u think my 1/4 mile times are with what the stuff I have in it already? I'm new to this stuff? Please help......

Thanks,

Mando

Stang nation!

·
Registered
441 Posts
People say gears are the best bang for the buck performance whise. The gear ratio is up to you. I have a Magnaflow exhaust with an o/r x-pipe and I have had compliments on the way it sounds. I can post a short video of my exhaust if you want me too. I would definately go some gears and a full exhaust depending on how much money you have to spend. Welcome to AFM and habe fun.

M

·
0 Posts
I think you'll find some more help in this area!! Welcome to AFM! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
997 Posts
I agree that gears and exhaust are great early mods, I know I love my 4.10s and Flowmasters. One of the first mods I would do is subframe connectors, especially with a vert. Any uni-body car runs the risk of chasis twist over time, even if you don't put a lot of power to it or drive it hard, and convertibles are more likely to twist b/c they don't even have the solid roof to tie the front and back of the car together (which still isn't enough). I've always been a fan of upgrading wheels and tires but they don't necessarily help performance. Good luck.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Everybody is right. Biggest bang for the buck is putting in some 4.10 gears. As far as headers and exhaust, in terms of an actual power gain, you are not looking at a whole bunch of power, for the amount of money you will spend, unless of course you are only interested in the more aggressive sound. Magnaflow builds a nice sounding system, and with a Stainless Steel system you get a 100K warranty.
I would guess that a full exhaust with headers might set you back 700.00 to 1000.00 bucks. I would save up for a S/C and pick out a cat back to go with it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i started off with gears, exhaust and a tune. like they said gears is a matter of choice and so is exhaust. But, as read my sig I went a little further over time. good luck and just enjoy and have fun

·
Registered
546 Posts
Gears!!! go 4.10's also bassani makes an awesome exhaust I love mine plus lifetime warranty haha but also expensive.

·
Banned
299 Posts
yup

bbk longtubes bbk off road x-pipe and slp loud mouths for the win! i scare people when i rev at stop lights...lol

·
Registered
958 Posts
If your car is a 5-speed manual then I would get a Steeda Short Throw Shifter, and then some gears.

If you want exhaust Bassani is the BEST you can get. Especially the ATF catback im saving up for that Lol.

And you can go with Bassani headers or get some Ford racing headers specially designed for our 99-04 SOHC 4.6L GT 2Vs.:bigthumbsup

Ford Racing + Bassani = One badass sounding stang!:worship

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.