Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i need advice on a 1994 mustang GT that someone is selling that i want to buy. It has 43k original miles. It has a BBK h pipe and flowmasters with no cats. It has 1.6 roller rockers. Saleen wing, cobra bumpers cobra R rims and mystic paint job. It has been sitting in a garage for 2 years and we just started it. It needs 2 new air bags and module which costs about 700 bucks, a new stereo... oil change etc.... it has rock chips all around. it was hit in the front a few years ago, nothing major, and it was properly repaired but i noticed teh right front wheel is back about 1 inch and the front of the car is unleveled. He is selling it for 8k, i tried to bring him down to 7500 and he said ok. Edmunds says the worth of this car with the mileage is 3700.
Taking all these mods and the bad factors into consideration i would think the car is worth 5500 but he wont give it to me for that cheap. How much do u guys think i should pay for it?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
The car is over 10 years old, missing both air bags, a radio, has rock chips all over it and obviously wasnt "properly repaired" if "the right front wheel is back about 1 inch and the front of the car is unleveled".

I think hes asking for too much money for the car considering the condition its in. For the amount hes asking the car should be in good condition at least, id say the car is in poor condition.

My opinion is that you look else where.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, its hard to come across a 10+ year old car with 42k miles, the damage that happened was properly repaired but the wheel needed to be pulled more, it wasnt bondoed together, it was replaced, i really want the car soo soo bad, the color amazes me, what money should i offer

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Kelly blue book also lists the car for 3700 for a private sale and thats for a car that hasnt suffered the type of damage your talking about.

I wouldnt buy that car but your obviously intent on doing so. Offer him the 3700 if you want it that bad, but remember your going to pay more for it in the long run by having to have the frame pulled, replacing the airbags and radio and leveling the front.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Agree with Stonecold, even though it has some important cosmetic upgrades it is not worth that amount of money. Consider the reasons why the car has been sitting for 2 years, might be because of damage to the frame?

·
Registered
196 Posts
LOOK ELSEWHERE. You like the "color" yes. But for the price he is asking and you getting one cheaper YOU CAN DO THE SAME THING!. I would not get it.

Look elsewhere. if you really do get it. Remember this. If problems are more in depth than what you "can see" than think of all the " I told you so's". :winks

·
Registered
721 Posts
I agree. There are plenty of nice sn95s out there for reasonable prices. I looked long and hard to find mine. If I were you, I would pass on this one. Besides, its better if you do the cosmetics yourself . . thay way they are exactly the way you want them. If it were me, I wouldn't pay $1,000 for that car . . . really. You might think about what everyone here has said when you think about the possibility of later reselling the car . . . not good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.