Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys here is what I have ready for my build, I need help choosing a cam. 347 engine with 10.5:1 compression, holley 61cc aluminum heads 175 cc intake runners and 1.94 1.60 valves. Crane 1.7 roller rockers. Comp Cams dual valve springs. Edelbrock RPM air gap manifold. Holley 700CFM double pumper with choke horn milled down and jetted so it probally flows around 735. BBK longtube headers and O/R h pipe. 5 speed trans with 3.73 rear gear. Engine will rev out to 6500 RPM. I know the right cam is critical in getting the most out of your engine so I appreciate the help. Thanks

R

·
0 Posts
Hey guys here is what I have ready for my build, I need help choosing a cam. 347 engine with 10.5:1 compression, holley 61cc aluminum heads 175 cc intake runners and 1.94 1.60 valves. Crane 1.7 roller rockers. Comp Cams dual valve springs. Edelbrock RPM air gap manifold. Holley 700CFM double pumper with choke horn milled down and jetted so it probally flows around 735. BBK longtube headers and O/R h pipe. 5 speed trans with 3.73 rear gear. Engine will rev out to 6500 RPM. I know the right cam is critical in getting the most out of your engine so I appreciate the help. Thanks

The only true way with a 347 is a custom grind cam......

But if you prefer off the shelf this cam works well with a 347 .....

COMP Cams® - Cam Details

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Put that cam in and you'll be rolling. The real power comes on above 3500 and pulls all the way up.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I noticed in the install notes that cylinder head machining was required, what is that for? Also it said you have to have studs, will I be fine with pedestal mount rockers? Thanks

R

·
0 Posts
I noticed in the install notes that cylinder head machining was required, what is that for? Also it said you have to have studs, will I be fine with pedestal mount rockers? Thanks

you will be fine with what you have......

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
The machining is usually concerning the springs, to make sure you have proper height and clearance because dual springs with a damper are recommended with that cam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.