Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my Dad actually said he wanted to talk to me today about my car. He said that I was spending way to much money on it so far. He told me that he would rather me get a newer Mustang GT or buy a Mustang Cobra than for me to spend all the money on my car. He said your doing the exact same thing your brother did and it's stupid. He said what if your driving your car to work and then your transmission goes out? What are you going to pay to fix it if your spending all your money on this 10 year old car.

He said think about it, you can sell your car for maybe 3000, then another 8000 instead of modifying that would equal 11k, with that kind of money that I could get an 05-07 GT.

Then the possibility of getting a used 2011 V6 came up, I asked him if I saved up for one if he would allow me to purchase it and he would continue paying insurance.

I'm in a funk guys, I don't know what to do, I could get a used 2011 maybe a year and a half from now if I continue saving the way I have been. Then I said what about the new 5.0? He said not until I'm 100% done with school =( and I might not be done for another 4 years unfortuantely.

Would be great to have a 2011 V6 for a DD, and a 2011 GT for the weekends/ a project car.

What do I do guys????? 3 options.

A.) Continue modding my car (8,000)
B.) Save for 05-09 GT buy cash.
C.) Save even longer for a 2011 V6 Premium

Have about 2k left =(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well in my opinion the best options there would be with a nice 2008, 2009 GT or in a year or 2 get a nice 2010 2011 GT or 5.0. I would probably wait a for the 5.0 but since you said that you still have about 4 years of school left then i would just go with a 2010 or a 2009. But if you a patient person then just keep saving up and you'll never know you might me able to get a 2012 or 2013 when they come out. Just my 2 cents hope i helped.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I hate to burst your bubble, but 11k won't even get you a clean 05+ sixer, much less a GT. My advice is to shop around in your area on craigslist and such. If your dead set on mustangs, you can look for something 90s-ish with a lot of power. If you can't satisfy yourself with something like that, just save, save, and save some more until you can afford a newer GT. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
506 Posts
i would give up modding your current car, if you look at it purely as dollars and cents you can spend a bunch of money making a really cool car that at the end of the day you might get some of your money out of. not a lot of people that are looking to buy a used v6 want it to be heavily modified, and if they do they would want it to their own preferences.

As much fun as it would be to do and engine swap and forced induction I would say new sixer or newer v8 make the most economic sense

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Gotta love having to deal with parents and modding cars, do what you want, not to long ago you were all for moddig your V6 into a badass car, now your thinking about another car? That 5.0 is looking further and further away now doesn't it lol

Btw what did you spend 1500 on? Just a little while ago (couple days) you said you had 3500... You need to make up your mind and stick to it, this flip flopping around crap will kill your money

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hate to burst your bubble, but 11k won't even get you a clean 05+ sixer, much less a GT. My advice is to shop around in your area on craigslist and such. If your dead set on mustangs, you can look for something 90s-ish with a lot of power. If you can't satisfy yourself with something like that, just save, save, and save some more until you can afford a newer GT. Good luck to you.
Well I know for a fact 11k won't get me a 2011 v6, but it definitely could get me an 05 GT. Well at least over here in Cali.

What I really wanted to do is save maybe about 16-17k which would take probably 1 and half to 2 years. By then the 2011 V6 would be about around 3 years old so I could probably find a premium at that price, right now I could get one for about 20-22k.

My vote is 2011 V6, but it would take a bit to save, I don't know what do you guys think?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotta love having to deal with parents and modding cars, do what you want, not to long ago you were all for moddig your V6 into a badass car, now your thinking about another car? That 5.0 is looking further and further away now doesn't it lol

Btw what did you spend 1500 on? Just a little while ago (couple days) you said you had 3500... You need to make up your mind and stick to it, this flip flopping around crap will kill your money
It's not so much as me flip flopping around, it's kinda my parents. My dad said he didn't approve, and he said he'd pay for insurance, and that was the only reason why I didn't want to sell my v6 to get a GT in the first place, I wasn't sure if he'd pay for insurance.

Now that he gave me the okay to get whatever car I want, and also promising to buy me a car that I want (the new 5.0) after graduation, it's kind of like a dream come true, not a lot of people are fortunate enough to even buy the car they want at this age. Like I said I bought a Cobra bumper, Cobra Spoiler, Cobra Emblems, SVT Emblem, new gauges, trunk Cobra Mat and I think thats it...... wish my dad would have gave me "the talk" a week ago, I'd be around 1500 richer =(

edit: also bought new tips for my mufflers, car looks pretty good so far TBH.

·
Registered
506 Posts
o there is a 5-OH at the end of the road? then keep what ya got and save for the dream car. keep your sixer and live like a king for the next 4ish years

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
o there is a 5-OH at the end of the road? then keep what ya got and save for the dream car. keep your sixer and live like a king for the next 4ish years
haha, I really want the 11 V6 for some reason though.... how cool would it be to have both models of the 2011 Mustang???

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Never buy appearance first, that 1500 could have been put to better use....

Like I said earlier, do what YOU want, no one else's opinion matters, if it's save for new v6, buy a somewhat older gt, or mod your car it's all your choice

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
You know you can return the stuff you bought for your car if it hasn't been installed yet (I'm guessig you probably don't even have the items there yet, freight usually takes a while) you could get back some of that money at least

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Lol Wow this is wonderful. Your dad said what most of us were telling you in your other thread. Me personally I would prefer a 99-04 GT. It sounds like your dad is wanting you to have 05 so you have a newer and more reliable car. The 05+ have more power though. I'm seeing 0-60 in 5.1 sec and the 1/4 mi in 13.5 which is exactly what you wanted. Buy it now so you can have it and be enjoying it every day.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Return what you got and save. I have the same delima as you, my dad doesnt want me spending more on modding my sixer but is perfeclty willing to help me get a terminator(03-04 cobra) for my 18th birthday/graduation. Just gunna save till then and build it kickass from the start. Only reason my car even has appearance mods is cause the other guys insurance payed for em.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
the sell the V6 and unused mods is a good sound to me, since you have that option. an 05 GT would be nice, supercharge it and youd have a real quick car. but the 11 V6 option is nice too, aint it?
id go with either of those. i wouldnt keep modding the current car if you have the option for a different one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts