Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple years ago, I completed a build of a street rod. It was my first build, but I tried to make it as nice as I could afford, but keep it as clan as possible with power disc brakes, AC, touch screen stereo, power windows, power locks, 400+ HP 351W, etc. I am pleased with how it turned out and believe I spent the right amout on the car.

Now, I am in the planning stages of building a '67 fastback, and I really want to build a car that stays with the classic clean look on the outside with some 21st century technology on the inside. I want it to look and sound great great, as well as perform and be very reliable and consistent. One of the main features I wanted to include was fuel injection. I'd like to have a new 5.0 DOHC EFI crate engine with a 6 speed. Big brakes and a nice suspension are a must.

I'm sure I won't we exploring any uncharted territory with that, but I also had a few other ideas/questions. Has anyone ever tried to install ABS and/or traction control in a classic car? Is it just a metter of finding a good donor car for all the electronics and wiring?

I'd appreciate any ideas and suggestions on how to achieve something like this. I'm sure it won't be cheap, but these cars are well worth it.

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
sounds like a nice project andy. especially when doing ABS/TC it is always better to have a donor car. keep us informed on this build. :bigthumbsup

1 - 2 of 2 Posts