Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tentative mod plan for the summer was CAI, shifter, axle backs, and hopefully LT headers and an O/R H. I have only gotten the axle backs so far (Boom Tubes) and I'm thinking Boom Tubes with LT headers and an O/R H will be too loud for a daily driver (mostly highway and interstate driving). I guess now I'm trying to decide if I want to stay with that plan or forget about the headers for now and work on other mods. What do you guys think?

I don't want to get rid of my Boom Tubes if I don't have to, so how loud do would it be if I got LT headers with a catted H, throw on a set of resonators and still keep my Boom Tubes?

Or should I forget about headers for now so I can keep my Boom Tubes and maybe get delete plates, some suspension mods, and maybe stripes and louvers?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I would reccomend LT`S and off road H , just not sure about the boom tubes. I would consider selling them , and maybe going with some GTA`S. IF they are not to loud, you may like it who knows.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The mods you listed, CAI, cat back, LT's and Catted h are good for about 40hp gain at the rear wheels, depending on your tune and minor differences in the brands you select. I have installed all the above on my car and have achieved exactly 37 RWHP gain. I am only running 87 pump gas but wouldn't change those numbers much to increase the octane.

I guess I wil say what I have told others. You kinda have to pic a direction and go with it. Do you want the appearance mods or more hp. You can do like I have done and do a little of both. You arn't going to get much over 300 rear wheel Hp unless you spend some serious dough on a suppercharger or some major motor mods. You can take a look at my profile if you are looking for more detail on the parts.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If I had to do it over again, then I'd put front/rear sway bars near the top of my list. I can't believe it took me 3.5 years to finally bolt them on.

It was a simple mod that made a dramatic difference in handling. The stock car just has too much bodyroll and understeer in my opinion to be any good in anything but a straight line.

You definitely need a plan, though. You can take the car in a lot of different directions. What one guy likes may not be right for you.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
If your really like your boom tubes, I would put off the headers for a bit and do a little suspension/cosmetic touchup first. If it were me, I'd stick a gt 500 spoiler, widow louvers, side scoops, and a cdc chin spoiler on it. That will still be less then the headers, so then you could get your cai, shifter, and anything else you please. Maybe even some pullies. Then after your ready to replace your boomtubes, get the headers.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
221 Posts
:headscratch: I didn't know there was such thing as too loud... :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
:headscratch: I didn't know there was such thing as too loud... :bigthumbsup
Yea I am with you on that,but I do not have BOOM Tubes.LOL. I wonder if they sound like those guys that go buy with there BOOM Boxes in the trunk. BOOM BOOM BOOM. :gringreen I hate that crap.:nono:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would reccomend LT`S and off road H , just not sure about the boom tubes. I would consider selling them , and maybe going with some GTA`S. IF they are not to loud, you may like it who knows.
I wish I knew how loud it would be with LT's, but I guess if worse comes to worse I still have the OEM mufflers I can always put back on.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I wish I knew how loud it would be with LT's, but I guess if worse comes to worse I still have the OEM mufflers I can always put back on.
Good point,glad you kept the stockers.:bigthumbsup

M

·
0 Posts
Wait a few more months for the boom tubes to settle in - cause one day, you'll be like "Hmmmmm, they sure do sound louder......" :bigthumbsup

Color matched Silverhorse Racing louvers... have I ever done you wrong???:nogrinner

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I found some GTA`S if your intersted just PM me.They are pretty darn resonable.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wait a few more months for the boom tubes to settle in - cause one day, you'll be like "Hmmmmm, they sure do sound louder......" :bigthumbsup

Color matched Silverhorse Racing louvers... have I ever done you wrong???:nogrinner
I think they sound pretty darn good right now, which is why I don't want to get rid of them. :bigthumbsup No, you haven't ever done me wrong, and they are on my list but I think I want some more go mods before I get into show mods (but at this point I have no idea what I'm going to do, so who knows).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.