Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beautiful new car is only 3 weeks old, and already found a little ding on beside the front left headlight, it is not really that noticeable, but I know its there and I hate it. I don't want to spend thousands on a new panel, does anyone have a suggestion?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hah to be honest, I would say take a deep breath and accept the defeat. I know the exact same feeling you had, the paint on the bottom of the passenger door got stripped off on my 2nd day of ownership, because my friend didnt see the metal railing on sidewalk. It wasnt visible damage but it was there. After a series of insults to my friend, I accept the reality that regardless of what we do, damage will always come. But good luck on fixing the damage!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
A dent removal company could probably remove it by taking out the headlight and accessing it that way. Check the phone book, they usually have a place you can go (or they come to you) and you can get a free estimate.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I agree... paintless dent repair may be the way to go. Dealers use them all the time and they'll usually come out to your home. Costs about $75 in my area.

Granted, depending on just where it's at on your vehicle, they may not be able to totally get it out... but, very often they will greatly improve appearance (especially if there's no actual paint damage)

·
Registered
39 Posts
You could try sitting facing the sun for a couple of hours to get it real warm, the rapidly cooling the area with a chunk of ice. Depending on the boo-boo it may work. The process works often for hail damage.

·
Banned
129 Posts
New cars are prone to dents and nails in the tires...I had a nail in my tire 3 days after I bought it.

Go to a paintless dent removal shop...should be between $100 and $200 to remove.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Dent Wizard

Just had a golf ball size dent from my passenger rear quarter removed by Dent Wizard. Incredible results. Cant tell where the dent was. If you have a dent with no paint damage, this is the way to go. 99 bucks and 20 minutes.

N

·
0 Posts
paintless dent removal is awesome.i spent 75 bucks on my 2000 after an angry cop kicked it...(we fought like rabid dogs after that...long story...and before you freak too much about me fighting the cop he's my brother...yuk yuk)anyway you couldnt tell it was damaged at all after that...

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
nghtrnnr said:
paintless dent removal is awesome.i spent 75 bucks on my 2000 after an angry cop kicked it...(we fought like rabid dogs after that...long story...and before you freak too much about me fighting the cop he's my brother...yuk yuk)anyway you couldnt tell it was damaged at all after that...
listen to him. paintless is the way to go. they will drill a small hole in the inner fenderwell of your car (about 3/8 in), run a rod up to the dent site, and work it out with the rod and a solid block on the other side. when its done, you will never know the dent was there. dont worry about the hole either, they will usually glue in a grommet to fill it. i had a fender crushed in pretty bad on my 02 chevy truck from a lady backing into me in a lot. ins gave me $700 to have it fixed and repainted. took it to a paintless guy i know, he pulled it all out, charged me $150 for it. unless you look really, really close at it at just the right angle, you would never know it had been there. he told me a little more time (and $$$) and he could make it perfect. since it was a truck, i pocketed the rest.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I concur with all the paintless dent repair suggestions. My kids put a little ding just above the left rear wheel (very tough spot to reach). The tech removed the left rear turn signal and drilled a hole. He inserted a metal rod up to the damaged area and basically massaged it out. He filled the hole with a rubber grommet and $50 later, I was on my way.

No sign of damage or repair. Awesome work and I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Find a Dent Wizard or Dent Masters in your area. We have a dent guy, a wheel guy and a paint touch-up guy at our store almost every day. They set up in the morning and are here most of the day. Everyone should know where these subcontractors are because sooner or later you'll need one of them. They work magic and it's a lot less hassle than a body shop. Plus if you deal with them direct, they may cut you some slack. They usually charge by the panel, so if you have two dents on a door it's the same price. Go to any large auto dealer and ask a sales rep where the dent guy is. I'll bet they have one working around back!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts