Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get hit on my rear quarter panel, is this fixable or replaceable or totaled it runs and drives just fine still besides I bent rim. Just need to know if it's even something that can be repaired or replaced. Thanks in advance.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

·
Registered
07 Mustang GT
874 Posts
For insurance purposes it's probably totaled, as that is an expensive fix. You may have also bent the rear axle from the looks of the impact.

·
Super Moderator
4,481 Posts
Welcome James and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
Do you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you have chosen to be a part of our community.

James, I’m very sorry about your Mustang. You didn’t mention any injuries, so I take it that you weren’t physically harmed. That’s great!

It always saddens me when I see such a beautiful car getting crunched up like that. I would love to hear that your insurance is so good, that they’re going to repair this. I don’t expect that will be the case however.

Good luck, and do check back in after you get your “Final Answer”.

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I've seen cars in a much worse state than that repaired to like new condition but no doubt the insurers will write it off.
Get what you can from the insurance company and use the money to pay for the repairs. You could get a used replacement passenger door, rear quarter, and bumper cover from a salvage yard to reduce the cost. Finding them in the same colour would be a bonus.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Depending on the mileage, year, and condition of the rest of it the insurance may or may not total it. There have been a couple of people on here that posted really bad damage recently that are getting their cars fixed with insurance that were not totaled out. Car values are so high right now that the totaling out threshold has been raised substantially.
You definitely need another quarter panel, wheel well, and passenger door or at least skin along with a rear bumper, corner tail piece, and any brackets and hardware. If you were to get a rear section cut out from a salvage yard then it would have the rear sheetmetal needed(quarter panel, wheel well, etc) at least but it still won't be a cheap fix.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Depending on the mileage, year, and condition of the rest of it the insurance may or may not total it. There have been a couple of people on here that posted really bad damage recently that are getting their cars fixed with insurance that were not totaled out. Car values are so high right now that the totaling out threshold has been raised substantially.
You definitely need another quarter panel, wheel well, and passenger door or at least skin along with a rear bumper, corner tail piece, and any brackets and hardware. If you were to get a rear section cut out from a salvage yard then it would have the rear sheetmetal needed(quarter panel, wheel well, etc) at least but it still won't be a cheap fix.
What he said

·
Registered
42 Posts
The insurance company will probably total it because replacing a rear quarter isn't a cheap fix. The door wouldn't be too bad but you have to deal with the alignment with the quarter panel. It might be worth it on a V-8 but not a 6.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
You must not have seen the recent accident damage to coyote1's ecoboost then: (190) Wrecked. | Ford Mustang Forum (allfordmustangs.com)
The insurance company didn't total out his front end collision and it obviously bent all the important structures up in front of the firewall yet they're fixing it. These aren't normal times these days and used cars are worth a whole lot more than they used to be. Big damage that used to be considered not financially fixable from an insurance point of view is now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts