Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

Could use some advice from someone who has been in my position and has found a happy ending.

Ordered a 2005 Mustang GT on 2-19-05. Waited and waited and waited some more and when June 17th finally rolled around, I was number one in line at my dealer to get pulled. I didn't get pulled. June 24th came around and I was still number one but still did not get pulled. So I told them I'd hang in for an 06. Well, 6 weeks later I finally get the call that says my order was pulled.

In the meantime, what they don;t know is with all the "Employee Pricing" deals around, I went and got myself a new truck. Decided to keep my other car which the Stang was going to replace.

For my pain and suffering, I thought it would be nice to walk away with a little cash in my pocket even though Im not going to keep the new Stang. I got it for $750 over invoice so there's room for me to make a couple bucks, even if I sell it at MSRP. I mean it's only fair after the worst car ordering experience of my life.

So my question to you guys and gals is how do I "sell" the new car without actually having to take delivery? The dealer cashed my $500 deposit way back in March. So I need to get that back too.

Does anyone have any idea of how this can be done without the dealer getting involved? Not that they should care because theyre selling the car for the agreed upon price, no matter who takes delivery.

:help:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,170 Posts
I don't think there is a way around the dealer, you would have to buy it first and then resell it. As for the deposit, the dealer should return it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Stinger,

Sorry but the best advice I can offer you is to sell the new truck, trade in the old car and keep the 'stang. It's one awesome ride. Sounds to me like you suffered through the ol' Bob Bell Ford wait nearly forever delivery process. Only PCFrisch's dealer takes longer.

Worst case scenerio, just go get your deposit back. The dealer can't keep it and they still can go sell the 'stang for MSRP.

Good luck.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jrjackso_05GT said:
Stinger,

Sorry but the best advice I can offer you is to sell the new truck, trade in the old car and keep the 'stang. It's one awesome ride. Sounds to me like you suffered through the ol' Bob Bell Ford wait nearly forever delivery process. Only PCFrisch's dealer takes longer.

Worst case scenerio, just go get your deposit back. The dealer can't keep it and they still can go sell the 'stang for MSRP.

Good luck.....
Well, I just emailed my guy and told him no go. Told him they can cancel the order and give my spot to the guy behind me or keep it and sell it off the lot when it comes in. By the way, this was Academy Ford in Laurel. Oh, and they have no problem giving me back my $500. They offered that months ago when I was still waiting to get my 05 order pulled.

I sincerely hope that there arent any others on here that are waiting for Academy to pull their order. If so, I would strongly recommend you do what most others in this situation have done. Order from Yoemans or similar that actually have allocations and get a build date days later, not months and months later or not at all. Go there and take delivery and drive her home or have her trucked home.

This has been by far the most excruciating process I have ever been through. Had they pulled my order the first or second week 06's were getting pulled, I would be happily awaiting delivery of my new Stang.

Good luck to all those waiting to get pulled.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top