·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm very new here, and totally noob about mustang,
i'm bored with japan and Europe Cars.

this time i want to try get a new 2012 mustang V6
i have a questions
1. what is the most fav color , what do you have?
2. should i get V6 basic trim or premium
3. are the stereo acceptable
4. i'm thinking of lease the Car, can you guys help me with the number : )

is there anything that i should know , any thoughts from anyone here?

sorry for noob questions, but i really need guidance from you guys...

i really want Mustang be my next Car soon as possible

thanks a bunch

·
Registered
585 Posts
Most popular color seems to be Kona Blue, both for the V6 and GT. It's my favorite of those currently available, although if Sterling Gray was available when I ordered I would have picked that instead.

You really should do some research on the Ford website on the differences between the basic and premium trims. Premium brings some nice features like Sync, Shaker 500 stereo, Sirius, leather seats, auto dimming mirror, ambient lighting, etc. Whether the price increase is worth it to you for all of these options is entirely up to you.

I've heard mixed reviews on the Shaker 500. I've already got a new set of speakers to throw into the front doors the day I get mine as well as a sub for the trunk. The double bass drum heavy hard rock and metal I listen to rip paper cones to shreds, so those factory speakers won't cut it for someone like me ;) I really haven't heard anything about the base stereo.

This isn't a financial advising site! Just figure out what package / options you want and configure that on the Ford site to get the sticker price. You won't be paying sticker price if you know how to negotiate well, but you should budget yourself like you would be paying sticker price just to be safe! You can figure out monthly payments after you finish configuring your Mustang on the Ford site.

Like I said, spend at least 30 minutes on the Ford website looking at all the different options for the Mustang to figure out what you want and what you can afford. Any other questions, we're here to help. Good luck and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I agree with the above. We can't tell you what to buy. Just do a little research, read through the forum, look at pictures and find the one that melts your heart. Good luck!

·
Registered
357 Posts
we all have our opinions.
I pm'd you about how COSTCO can get you INVOICE price at certain delaerships and how others might match those prices.
The premium gives a lot, as does the pony package.
I love the heated seats with the top down in cool weather.
I personally ordered the white car with saddle interior which I feel really pops, but again, personal preference.
I get at least three compliments a day on this color scheme.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi

I was in the EXACT same boat. I owned a 2007 Civic Si coupe for 3 years. But got tired of it about a year ago.

I have always been a big fan of the 67 fastbacks. Now they look a lot like em so I was very interested. After weeks of research, sitting in different models and test driving I decided to get a V6 base model. No regrets! If this is "just base" then it is crazy. I am more than happy. Especially the money I saved on frilly extras. I ordered factory OEM leather for $300 on ebay. it will be in next week. A set of after market rims and a Borla atak and I am laughing. Oh yeah I alsoe saved $1000 with my Costco card.

Good luck and I hope you find your car soon. Coming from a former 2007 Civic Si owner I can guarantee you will love your new car.

Here is me at the end of my first Mustang day. Note the big dumb smile.
YouTube - ‪Dales new Stang‬‏

·
Registered
41 Posts
We just purchased a 2012 convertible yesterday in Red Candy & it's a premium w/ the 202A Pony package. It has Sirus for 6 months. It's something we won't renew as we won't be in the car enough to listen to it, but playing w/ it on the way home, boy is it awesome! I can't tell you specifics about the sound system as I don't know a lot about that kind of stuff, but I can tell you how it sounded amazing to me. The sync was really cool to. Our sales guy was able to sync my cell phone to my car so that I can call directly from the phone. I also should be able to get street directions w/ the sync as well..will have to figure that out later. Man did we get some looks when we were test driving it and when we pulled over into a Lowes parking lot to check the car out! People were straining their necks to check it out. Gook luck w/ whatever you decide!

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
My personal opinion:
1. I have Black, because it was my favorite color with my Performance Package 19" wheels. Kona Blue is also very popular.
2. Basic. If you want to spend money on premium, get a Mustang GT.
3. If you upgrade your speakers to new 5x7 or 6x8's the stereo is very good, but the base speakers are crapola.
4. If you lease, get as few options as possible unless you plan on buying the car after. Also, Mustangs hold their value pretty well (and are super easy to sell), I would honestly suggest buying instead of leasing.

Hello everyone, I'm very new here, and totally noob about mustang,
i'm bored with japan and Europe Cars.

this time i want to try get a new 2012 mustang V6
i have a questions

is there anything that i should know , any thoughts from anyone here?

sorry for noob questions, but i really need guidance from you guys...

i really want Mustang be my next Car soon as possible

thanks a bunch

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys for all the input, i might get the base trim, i have 2 10"JL audio sub, so shaker will be a waste,

for color.. there's not so many option, i check here in los angeles in many different dealer, they have only black, lava red, and silver

the reason i want to lease, because i never had a american Car... so this is will be my first : )

one last question.. does anyone here happy with mustang V6 base model :?:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Kona Blue, Premium Pony Package, charcoal interior, stick. You're welcome. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
526 Posts
To me the 2.73 gears in the V6 kill the performance, get the optional 3.31 rear gear if you can.

I think if you added your subs to the Shaker it would sound really good. I don't think you'd want to change the radio on a car that you lease.

Going to the premium makes the car a lot nicer.

·
Registered
461 Posts
thanks guys for all the input, i might get the base trim, i have 2 10"JL audio sub, so shaker will be a waste,

for color.. there's not so many option, i check here in los angeles in many different dealer, they have only black, lava red, and silver

the reason i want to lease, because i never had a american Car... so this is will be my first : )

one last question.. does anyone here happy with mustang V6 base model :?:
I bought the base V6 and I love it. I am doing some mods, but only to personalize it to my taste. If you have two subs, you will be fine with the base model stereo. You will need some tweeters to bring out the true highs, as the door speakers in the base model are full of bass, or just replace bse speakers whatever your choice. My wife has a loaded SUV with all the bells and whistles and she still prefers to ride in my base model mustang. The interior is nice the ride is very nice (sport car nice, not luxury nice), and the power is there so matter which model you get. And best of all the MPG numbers are real. On trips I avg. 32mpg, in town 18-19.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Have to agree with what everyone is saying, it's all personal preference. I went for the premium interior because it came with a lot of features and gave the car more character (MyColor and ambient lighting) The stereo hits pretty hard as well.

Financially, leasing is never the better option. Own and sell if need be instead of being locked in for 2-4 years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought the base V6 and I love it. I am doing some mods, but only to personalize it to my taste. If you have two subs, you will be fine with the base model stereo. You will need some tweeters to bring out the true highs, as the door speakers in the base model are full of bass, or just replace bse speakers whatever your choice. My wife has a loaded SUV with all the bells and whistles and she still prefers to ride in my base model mustang. The interior is nice the ride is very nice (sport car nice, not luxury nice), and the power is there so matter which model you get. And best of all the MPG numbers are real. On trips I avg. 32mpg, in town 18-19.
thats what i thought the door speaker doesn't have tweeter, do you think its easy to mod the panel and get tweeter, or can simply change with the 2 way speaker or something?, what's your recommendation in regards to tweeter ,
i might lease the car, so subwoofer will be easy to install and uninstall , but i have no idea on tweeter, need advise

thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
one of dealer here in LA offer me $386 lease with 0 down payment, what do you think guys,

also is the mustang V6 base model, stereo will play MP3 ?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes the CD player plays MP3s, also, how long is the lease? $386 ain't bad, I know Ford was advertising $255/mo with like 3k down.

Is it a 2012 or 2011 model?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
That seems high to me... IDK your financial situation though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes the CD player plays MP3s, also, how long is the lease? $386 ain't bad, I know Ford was advertising $255/mo with like 3k down.

Is it a 2012 or 2011 model?

its 2012, rite know the dealer only have lava red, what do you think, would insurance company count it as red color which will affect the rate.

·
Registered
74 Posts
should go up a couple hundred bucks a month, hold back :shigrin

jkjk you will be fine

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.