Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have exactly $2000 that i can spend and i would appreciate any info on what kind of supercharger i can get for that much not including all other things needed like injectors and fuel pump etc. i want to spend $2000 on just the charger i have a stock block with iron gt40 heads roller rockers and 65mm THB but i have an 88 so do i need to convert to MAF to do this?? thankss

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Your going to need another grand just for the blower alone. The entry price for most is $3,000.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You may be able to find something used, check the classifieds section on this site

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont think so because powerdyne and paxton both have 6-10 psi kits with everything for around $1900

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
88 Lx 50 said:
i dont think so because powerdyne and paxton both have 6-10 psi kits with everything for around $1900
Your right. Some of the blowers for your year car are fairly cheap.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think im gonna go for it, small blower with the gt40 heads gt40 upper/lower intake and a trickflow cam should still see nice numbers, but im not sure if i have to get MAF so if anyone knows please let me know. thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
powerdyne, paxton, and vortec. have starter kits for stock motors. i've seen some new base kits on ebay for 1650. supercharger

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.