Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hard to say. The color looks a little light in the picture.

If you are thinking about using that as a spare tire, how are you going to fit that in the trunk?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it will stick out of the well a little when fully inflated, there are some threads on it.. or just stick it in the trunk

·
Registered
937 Posts
It looks real. I don't know why someone would fake it? There's a set of 4 for sale on ebaY as well.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Rim Material: Alloy
Rim Width: 9
Rim Diameter: 19
Offset: 42
Number of Bolts: 5
Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3
Rim Brand: Factory, OEM
Manufacturer Part Number: BR331007BB
Rim Structure: One Piece

·
Registered
544 Posts
I read the thread the DR-31 (18x8 with 225/50/18s). And theirs sticks out 1 inch above the trunk floor. A 19X9 would theoretically stick out 2 inches above the floor.

I would look into getting an 18x7 cheap rim, with the correct offset and bolt pattern, and slap a 205 or 215 on it. Would solve the sticking out problem, and would probably cost less than half.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'd also be interested in a narrow wheel to have as a spare. Anyone know of any 7" rims that fit the new Mustang? As long as it fits on the rear, it'll work on a Brembo car with a front/rear swap. Also, what size would you need to maintain a 27" diameter? 225/50 sounds right to me, hope that fits in the spare well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I read the thread the DR-31 (18x8 with 225/50/18s). And theirs sticks out 1 inch above the trunk floor. A 19X9 would theoretically stick out 2 inches above the floor.

I would look into getting an 18x7 cheap rim, with the correct offset and bolt pattern, and slap a 205 or 215 on it. Would solve the sticking out problem, and would probably cost less than half.
Would an 18x7 need a spacer to fit the front brakes? Careful on wheelshape or you might be hitting the spokes. The DR works for sure according to that thread, and it's like 1/4 of the cost of the brembo you're talking about. Also, the guy who put the 19" in his trunk deflated it partially to fit it in there, then refilled the remainder with the included air compressor. $600+ is a hell of a price for a spare tire that might be used twice, may as well get a Forgestar or something :laugh:.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm more concerned with diameter of the spare tire than the brembo clearance. If you get a front flat, move a rear tire up to the front and put the spare on the rear. Only issue is to prevent damage to the limited slip diff, you need to maintain the diameter of the brembo wheel/tire, which is 27".

Any suggestions on a wheel/tire that will fit in the spare well and still be 27"?

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes i did buy it, it does seem real and exactly the same as the stock one...i did buy the sensor from the dealer for about 70 dollars or so and the tire from tire rack

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
If you really want the Brembo wheel our local Ford dealer had take offs for $1000 a set, Wheels, Tires and TPMS. Might be worth it to see what shipping would be if they had any of them left.
Lance Cunningham Ford
4101 Clinton Hwy
Knoxville, TN 37912
Parts:
1-866-737-3319

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you really want the Brembo wheel our local Ford dealer had take offs for $1000 a set, Wheels, Tires and TPMS. Might be worth it to see what shipping would be if they had any of them left.
Lance Cunningham Ford
4101 Clinton Hwy
Knoxville, TN 37912
Parts:
1-866-737-3319
thats not bad.......

yes i did buy it, it does seem real and exactly the same as the stock one...i did buy the sensor from the dealer for about 70 dollars or so and the tire from tire rack
what if the sensor is not damaged on the current rim.......... can they be swapped?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.