Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks!

I am a home hobbyist … I am an electrical engineer by profession, but I always like to get my hands dirty with home repair/improvements whenever possible since I think in today’s day and age, people simply don’t do things for themselves anymore.

2 years ago, my 1994 Ford Mustang 3.8L V-6 blew a head gasket. Since I needed a bigger car anyways (since I have 4 young kids), I decided to go ahead and buy a new car…but I decided that I would replace the head gasket myself as a side project. I know nothing about cars, but I figured there’s only one way to change that!

I procrastinated in fixing my mustang for 2 years (again I have 4 kids, so please give me a break J ) but I finally got down to starting the quest a couple weeks ago I am equipped with the Haynes Repair Manual as well as a Ford Mechanics CD that I bought off EBAY.

I've got my cylinder heads off now. Now I need guidance on how to examine my engine block and my heads. I can bring the cylinder heads to a machine shop to examine, but I can't bring my car in to a shop to have them examine the engine block.

1) Is there any kind soul in the San Jose, CA area that knows what to look for here who can take a look at my car and recommend what needs to be done?

2) Can anyone recommend a good, reasonably-priced, honest machine shop who will examine my heads for cracks, warpage and correct if necessary?

I'd really appreciate the help. I want to learn as much as I can from this experience, and I'd appreciate someone with the know-how to take a look at what I have and give some advice, guidance, and education. I'll take you out to lunch (or buy you a 12-pack of beer) for your troubles.

Andy

Please pm me if you willing to help me out. Thanks in advance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.