Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is my story and I hope some of you could help.

About a month ago my dad took my 07 gt vert to a ride and tried a small drift that went wong and hitted the sidewalk :nono: . So we had to change the rear differentiel because it was bended and the mag also. A good way to put 1000$.

So I got them installed at my friends garage and when i left with the car no lights where on but I drove it for a little bit and the traction control became OFF alone and lighting in the dash and the ABS too. Took the Positive battery off and putted back... nothing. Sometimes when I start the car in the morning the lights are not on and after driving a few 100 yards or sometimes it needs miles they light on again.

For the records the plugs where all put together when the differentiel was installed. The installation was made properly.

Someone has an idea what could be the problem I would be very thankfull :laughlitt

·
Registered
304 Posts
easiest way to find out whats going on would be to scan the computer and find out what code is being set. my guess would be the new diff you guys put in had a bad speed sensor or tone ring.. but again theres no way for anyone to know until you hook up a scan tool and see the codes.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Try putting a couple miles on the car. Normally after the ECU is reset, worst case, it took a drive or two for those lights to go off when I did it. Just a simple turn off and on was a fix most of the time, but if not, a drive did the fix for me.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Was the diff used? Was it from an ABS equipped car?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts