Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need Help! Boom Tube Cat-Back 1979-93 Mustang LX5.0, 94-95 GT - BT9400

2K views 16 replies 3 participants last post by  ModsStang 
G
#1 ·
So, does anyone have the Boom Tube Cat-Back 1979-93 Mustang LX5.0, 94-95 GT - BT9400 on their ride? We're thinking about getting them for the '93 LX... the booms on my 07 sound great... :bigthumbsup :bigthumbsup

We are not doing headers - etc. So we're basically looking for a little more aggressive sound through cat backs or axle backs....

Experience with them and videos very much appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Woohoo, we can help Judi spend more money... :shigrin
I've heard the Boom Tubes on a Fox before but damnifIcanfindaclip of them. I do have this, go to post #54 on page 4, those purple hornies sound VERY close to the Boom Tubes. It'll give you a really good idea of what it'd sound like.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/5-0l-talk/140116-exhaust-clip-thread-4.html

Now who thinks she needs to get long tubes??? :scratchchin YEAHHHHH

#5 ·
long tubes +1!!!!

im picking up my long tubes today at precisely 5 pm!!!

CANT WAITTTTT

#10 ·
well now you have! :happyhapp

for 100 bucks any long tubes are better than my stock shorties...

cant wait to hear what they sound like! have you ever heard them eagle? any good?

#11 ·
Long tubes gives you the hollowing pinging sound, so yeah they'll sound good. Get you a reducer to connect them to a mid pipe, I don't know of one that'll bolt right up to them. I think a Dr Gas short mid pipe might be what you'll need unless you have some made for you.

G
#15 ·
Just a little update... I had some time in work and contacted MAC being no one had sound clips of the boomtubes on a fox...

MAC manufactures them for Pacifica Performance and gave me Pacifica's number so I could contact them.

I spoke with Dan, the owner, at Pacifica and he explained to me that he "could" sell them to be... but many people have complained they are way too loud - he, in fact, only uses them on his race car at this point. People have been getting tickets in NJ and CA with them.

I explained that I absolutely love mine on my 07 and he said that the 93 and 07 have different engines and that is the cause for the huge sound difference....

Dan was extremely helpful and even offered to get a pair out to me if I wanted to test them out - to buy - but right now, he's not encouraging selling them, they're chopping them up to make others things out of them... I told him he would need to have an apartment ready for me if I got them, because my husband would kill me if I started getting tickets for exhaust! :gringreen

Dan suggested 2 chamber flowmasters 40 series.... I haven't even thought of listening to them yet... :headscratch:

I thanked him for his time, he was very helpful!

Just thought I would update this thread... :)

#16 ·
hi there if you were still wanting too buy the boom tube cat back here is a website i found that has them i too would love too hear a sound clip of them on a fox ... like eagle said everyone is so into flowmaster flowmaster flowmaster ... personally i hate flowmaster just for that reason that everyone has them . if you do get them throw a clip on here for us :) this might be the catback i get when its time to smog right now im runnning straight pipes no cats no mufflers :) no complaints im happy with it and ... no tickets so far Knock on Wood :) ... although i think if you just know to take it easy around cops there is no reason they would pull u over . regarding what that man said bout people getting tickets in ca and nj
Boom Tube Cat-Back 1979-93 Mustang LX5.0, 94-95 GT - BT9400

G
#17 ·
hi there if you were still wanting too buy the boom tube cat back here is a website i found that has them i too would love too hear a sound clip of them on a fox ... like eagle said everyone is so into flowmaster flowmaster flowmaster ... personally i hate flowmaster just for that reason that everyone has them . if you do get them throw a clip on here for us :) this might be the catback i get when its time to smog right now im runnning straight pipes no cats no mufflers :) no complaints im happy with it and ... no tickets so far Knock on Wood :) ... although i think if you just know to take it easy around cops there is no reason they would pull u over . regarding what that man said bout people getting tickets in ca and nj
Boom Tube Cat-Back 1979-93 Mustang LX5.0, 94-95 GT - BT9400
I can totally appreciate where you are coming from.

I have been lucky... I don't have problems with the cops, probably because I am not an idiot while in the Mustang (outside is a whole other story...:laugh:)... but I seriously don't want to start and then have to play around with having them switched out, etc. :hihi:

:headscratch: I have a great idea...
how about you get them and post up a video for us!! :gringreen :gringreen :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.