Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my knocking/popping noise in the front end when going over bumps has been killing me slowly for the last month or so. I can tell that it's somewhere in the drivers side and it sounds like something is just loose and knocking back and forth. So today I jacked the car up and looked around and found this (pic attached). Its where the front sway bar attaches to the lower radiator support (steeda aftermarket) by the u shaped mount. Look at that gap! the passenger side has no gap... What do you think this means? Do you think the sway bar is bent?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
no man, i think they have to have some give in em when u turn. those are just stoppers so they dont get too out of whack. id say your sway bar bracket is loose though. i installed mine front and back and thought i had em down tight. jacked it up a few days after the annoying popping and tightened them all down more that a 1/4 turn each. solved my problem

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
burnrubber is right. stuff comes loose. my top strut nut came loose and made a ton of clunking before i found it. i also had 2 bolts brake off a muffler hanger and left it bouncing around which caused a rattle. God only knows how those broke off. locktite is our friend :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.