Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so far Ive tooken off my shifter, driveshaft, and butt plugged the hole.. and now im on my starter.. Ive manage to take off one bolt, and feel another one on top but impossible to get too, ? Anyone gone through a clutch change? . My first time..

Also after I take starter off, Do I just take off bottom brace, and bolts off tranny? then drop that sucker?

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
My x-pipe had to come out too....i used either a 1/4 ratchet or small wrench cant remember but also there is 3 bolts if im not mistaking it's been almost a year since i done it but im pretty sure on it....just to let you know and i am guessing this is your first time but those top 2 bellhousing bolts are gonna be a ***** for you more than likely unless you got skinny little arms then all i gotta say is good luck puttin some ass into it to break them loose lol but to help you out put a jack under tail of tranny make sure it is stable take cross member out and lower tranny a littl not much though but the top two bolts will have to be done by a wrench good luck man got anymore questions ask.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Just make sure you have a transmission jack under it or stand, once you take the starter off(which is a pain and i want to say i went more towards the front and used extensions. Extensions will be your friend on certain bolts) There are 3 starter bolts too. Then take the transmission crossmember off. Let it sag so you can get those top two bolts on the tranny. Then put the tranny back up level as if it had the crossmember back on. After you get the rest of the tranny bolts, then pry it away from the motor. Watch out for the input shaft, not to bang it on anything.
Also change the pilot bearing and TOB with FRPP parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts