Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Started my car and got the usual stalling until the it got warmed up 2-3 minutes. Then drove it for an hour without incident on back roads and at highway speeds.

While driving, I got an important call, so I pulled over. I was so wrapped up in the conversation that I didn't turn the car off...so it idled with an occasional touch on the throttle for about 20 minutes. As soon as I tried to put the car in gear, it died. Restarted and died again. Then I noticed that, no matter what gear I was in, the C4 wasn't engaging.

I looked at the temp gauge and was shocked to see 250+. I figured the car was just overheated, so I popped the hood and went into the restaurant next door for some dinner. When I came out, the temp had dropped to 170. The car started right up and went into gear with no problem.

So...do you think this was a case of overheating, or does it sound like something else is up?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I vote for overheating. 250 is pretty up there. I just put a transmission oil cooler in because my C4 gets hot and slips. I never had the motor up to 250, though!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.