Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Mach 460 system and I'm not all that happy with it. The bass and high frequency treble are really goodm but the midrange doesn't keep up at all. When I turn up the volume I'm overwhelmed by the highest frequencies which aren't balanced by the bass and midrange. The factory tape player doesn't allow enough adjustability to compensate for this so I want to upgrade to an aftermarket head unit.
The one I'm looking at has a built in equalizer which i'm hoping will help:

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-2MTA4Rslba4/ProdView.asp?a=&s=0&g=300&id=essential_info&i=158CA700X

How hard is it to change the head unit with the wierd mach 460 amp layout? Do the factory amps have gain settings and stuff?

I also want to boost the midrange. What's the best way to do this?

thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
472 Posts
I do not think the amps have any adjustable gain settings. i think they are all preset from the factory.

Do you have a tape deck and a CD player?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no just a factory tape deck. I want to replace it because it makes this wierd clicky sound and is kinda staticy.

B

·
0 Posts
You can add the deck, but make sure to get the right adapter. It runs about 50 bucks, and is a blue box with 4 adjustments on it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just did this. Call crutchfield buy a new head unit from them or if you have after-market head unit already order there wiring kit from them be sure to tell them u have the mach 460 and they will hook you up with everything you need no more headaches. So easy to hook up and your factory mach 460 amps even sound better with a really good after market head unit...

HOPE THAT HELPS....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.