Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I have been activly persuing my Mustang order now that Vista Blue's are being produced. I called the ERL today and she told me there was no information on my car at all. When I called my salesman (read: Nicest guy on earth) he was shocked and spoke to the owner about it. The owner told me that the car would be delivered the week of first full week of september. He said that ford told him that was the " estimated time of destination".The owner is a firend of the family and I have no reason not to believe him but I never heard of this before. So I turn to you the faithful Mustang owners/sellers. Can someone tell me if what he said is to be believed.:shrug

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Has your car been serialized yet? If not, they are just guessing, if it has, that would make sense.

·
Registered
10 Posts
shopping is so fun, but darn demanding!

vistamustang - that new vista blue looks really cool!

I'm shopping too, but I'm late in the game. I wanted the mineral grey clearcoat. Is that still available? doesn't look like it. And I haven't seen tungsten grey in person yet. Is it darker or lighter grey?

I'm just looking for a V6 with a 5 speed manual. Can't find any 2005's in Michigan. They all have auto's or ragtops, from what I've seen on the lots.

pcfrisch vbmenu_register("postmenu_355477", true); - where did you order yours? I spoke to a couple detroit area dealers today, and was told they could do the X-plan for me and it would be just $100 over invoice plus Tax, Title and Plates. That was on the 05's.

One dealer said just to order one because there's no incentives or rebates, and the wait was only 8 weeks on the 06 V6 models. I'm scared to get in line now though. I don't want to get it right when the salt hits the road.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
kickindeadhorse said:
vistamustang - that new vista blue looks really cool!

I'm shopping too, but I'm late in the game. I wanted the mineral grey clearcoat. Is that still available? doesn't look like it. And I haven't seen tungsten grey in person yet. Is it darker or lighter grey?

I'm just looking for a V6 with a 5 speed manual. Can't find any 2005's in Michigan. They all have auto's or ragtops, from what I've seen on the lots.

pcfrisch vbmenu_register("postmenu_355477", true); - where did you order yours? I spoke to a couple detroit area dealers today, and was told they could do the X-plan for me and it would be just $100 over invoice plus Tax, Title and Plates. That was on the 05's.

One dealer said just to order one because there's no incentives or rebates, and the wait was only 8 weeks on the 06 V6 models. I'm scared to get in line now though. I don't want to get it right when the salt hits the road.
The Mineral grey is no longer available, if you do a search on tungsten grey, you can find many pictures of them now. My dealer is Atchinson Ford, but unless you want pain and sorrow, don't call them :shocked:
I am kind of surprised that you cannot find any v6's, Have you searched Fords website for them? On second thought, if you can order one on x-plan, it would be cheaper. It also depends on dealer allocations and the priority on how fast you can get one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on Atchinson man. So far been dealin' between Stark Hickey and J. Duncan. I left a message at Russ Milne. I have found the V6'ers but with a manual it's just been in ragtops and torch red left overs.

I want the grey real bad. That just looks like classy muscle to me.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
kickindeadhorse said:
Thanks for the heads up on Atchinson man. So far been dealin' between Stark Hickey and J. Duncan. I left a message at Russ Milne. I have found the V6'ers but with a manual it's just been in ragtops and torch red left overs.

I want the grey real bad. That just looks like classy muscle to me.
Just curious, why not a GT? :confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
pcfrisch said:
Just curious, why not a GT? :confused:
Insurance, and I'm just finishing up with my divorce... Everybody else has my money.;)

I get my insurance quotes on monday, so if the GT isn't too much more, I just may try to swing it. I could probably get talked into it with the right person around me. lol

I thought the V6 was a nice package for the price though, and the 36,000 miles will go on quick for me. Then maybe I can find a turbo kit for the 4.0L.

But, then it brings me back to a GT price after you put in a $3K-4K kit. So we'll see on monday, which way I go for sure.:cooldude:

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
kickindeadhorse said:
Insurance, and I'm just finishing up with my divorce... Everybody else has my money.;)

I get my insurance quotes on monday, so if the GT isn't too much more, I just may try to swing it. I could probably get talked into it with the right person around me. lol

I thought the V6 was a nice package for the price though, and the 36,000 miles will go on quick for me. Then maybe I can find a turbo kit for the 4.0L.

But, then it brings me back to a GT price after you put in a $3K-4K kit. So we'll see on monday, which way I go for sure.:cooldude:
I had a 86 GT with a 5.0, was rated 200hp, it was pretty quick! Now the v6 is rated at 210 HP, Not bad.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Just a thought

vistamustang said:
Hey everyone I have been activly persuing my Mustang order now that Vista Blue's are being produced. I called the ERL today and she told me there was no information on my car at all. When I called my salesman (read: Nicest guy on earth) he was shocked and spoke to the owner about it. The owner told me that the car would be delivered the week of first full week of september. He said that ford told him that was the " estimated time of destination".The owner is a firend of the family and I have no reason not to believe him but I never heard of this before. So I turn to you the faithful Mustang owners/sellers. Can someone tell me if what he said is to be believed.:shrug
Did the dealer give you a copy of the DORA? Family friend or not, something smells fishy to me. If you are absolutely certain that the ERL understood everything you told "her", and there is no information on the car, your order is NOT in the order bank. I suggest you go to the new car sales guy, along with your salesman, with VOC/DORA in hand, and have him look up your order in CONCEPS. Good luck and keep us up to date. :wavey

·
Registered
151 Posts
Did your car have any earlier info in the past or did it just not show up this week. I remember on my vert order, around the time of production a couple of days went by where the erl had no info on my number.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Doesn't really matter what they give you for a delivery date. I ordered a Ford back in 97 and it was serialized and I even got a firm delivery date. Then the train was stopped by the State and my vehicle was pulled off for a smog check. Not only was it 4 weeks late, they piled 36 miles on the sucker! I can laugh about it now but at the time I was pissed.

:walksmile

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
clubt said:
Did the dealer give you a copy of the DORA? Family friend or not, something smells fishy to me. If you are absolutely certain that the ERL understood everything you told "her", and there is no information on the car, your order is NOT in the order bank. I suggest you go to the new car sales guy, along with your salesman, with VOC/DORA in hand, and have him look up your order in CONCEPS. Good luck and keep us up to date.
Yes I have DORA. I still did not see anything on there else about it none of the dates were filled out except the order date. It had a partial VIN on it but I assume they all do.

clubt said:
Did your car have any earlier info in the past or did it just not show up this week. I remember on my vert order, around the time of production a couple of days went by where the erl had no info on my number.
No the Vista Blue was not being produced until last week so I never checked before last week.

Just as an update I talked with the owner he told me that there is nothing wrong:so and that the ERL would not have that information that after it's built and getting ready to be shipped the ERL is no longer of use. Now to me that sounds like poop what do you think?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts