Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am brand new to the forum but have had my 65 convertible for 11 years now! I need to replace the HiPo Air Filter, but I am having the hardest time finding one that will fit the right diameters. I believe it should be OD=14" and H=2.25". The one I am replacing was a CA114 which was only 13". Never liked the offset look. I looked on Scott Drake and think I found it Part: B7SZ-9601-A, but there are no dimensions. Please help me!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hey guys, I am brand new to the forum but have had my 65 convertible for 11 years now! I need to replace the HiPo Air Filter, but I am having the hardest time finding one that will fit the right diameters. I believe it should be OD=14" and H=2.25". The one I am replacing was a CA114 which was only 13". Never liked the offset look. I looked on Scott Drake and think I found it Part: B7SZ-9601-A, but there are no dimensions. Please help me!!!

I just got a new Chrome Air Cleaner Assy. Filter that came with it is 2" by 13 3/4" Its just for a reg ole 289. Catalog lists all the Air Cleaner Assy's as 14" I measured both the top & bottom and they are 14". There is very little extra room for filter to slide. I did notice that both of our air cleaner assy's are identical. The catalog lists for '65 Hi-Po's - one with black base & one with gold base. Mine is blue base. Hope that helps ya. I'm wonderin if i might have a problem finding new filters.

·
Registered
913 Posts
If you have the "cheap" 14" repro air cleaner, you may have a problem with the inside diameter if you use the "good" filter. The good filter, though, fits the good repro, and of course the original.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just went into autozone with the filter in my hand and found one that fit and made note of the part number
What part number was it? I did the same last weekend, but the one that fit was 1/2 an inch too tall for my center screw to get the top wing nut on.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I got one of those k&n air x-stream kits for 50 one ebay its looks and works awesome

·
Registered
76 Posts
The only ones I have found lately that fit good were orderd from NPD. An expensive way to go but it fits and is the correct appearance.
Jack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts