Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1979 Pace Car V8 4 speed and can't find the paint code for the car. I know it's a two tone, but a majority of the car including the engine bay is like a champaigne metallic. Ford doesn't know and none of me local parts stores can help me look it up. Anyone have any sudgestions or know what the color is called exactly?

I went and bought "Champaigne Metallic" and it's off, so I know that's not it. Thanks for the help.

I have also looked through my books trying to match up the code off the door jam and nothing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
79PACER said:
I have a 1979 Pace Car V8 4 speed and can't find the paint code for the car. I know it's a two tone, but a majority of the car including the engine bay is like a champaigne metallic. Ford doesn't know and none of me local parts stores can help me look it up. Anyone have any sudgestions or know what the color is called exactly?

I went and bought "Champaigne Metallic" and it's off, so I know that's not it. Thanks for the help.

I have also looked through my books trying to match up the code off the door jam and nothing.
Try codes
8y its a 77-78 Champaign met color I believe
6b its a 80 Sand Metcolor
8w its a Chamois Met 77-79 color but more on the darker gold

Hope this helps you bro. :eyepoppin

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Help?!?!?

The code stamped on the door jam reads "6IR." It could either be a "1" or an "I," I'm not sure, but neither match up with what I'm finding on line and in my books.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's possible. I'll have to check the door panell again. The color does look close. Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
call for and ask them they should be able to tell you all the paint codes from that year or ask teeto he knows everything about painting etc.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Why do you have to ruin a completly good thread? You have been banned once and now your back. Can't you grow up and just go away? TEETO!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, so say I found what appears to be my paint code. I don't have an air compressor with an air gun. Can I have it put into an airasol can? How would I go about getting the paint to do it myself?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Was that code I found the right one? You can use a spray can and you can get the paint supplier to put it in one for you. It sounds like your only option so go for it. TEETO!

·
Registered
45 Posts
like i said call ford they can get the paint code for you, teeto what are you talking about? im lost. im new to this site.

you ever hear that one song tho its stuck in my head, i think its on tony yayos album go download it i think the songs called taddle teller.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.