Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
apparently the wrong revision was loaded on my tuner when they sent it to me, the book says to check out diablosport.com and find the correct tune. None of the downloads are for 05 mustang 4.0's they're all for the GT. Anyone else have this problem?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
Goliath said:
apparently the wrong revision was loaded on my tuner when they sent it to me, the book says to check out diablosport.com and find the correct tune. None of the downloads are for 05 mustang 4.0's they're all for the GT. Anyone else have this problem?
Give 'em a call. It's toll-free.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I loaded it on the weekend and they were closed. I searched their website manually and found no mention of the 2005 4.0 after looking at pretty much every page I could navigate to, i googled it and came across a page i wouldn't have otherwise found on the diablosport web page. The new r23 revision for the 05 mustang also has the 4.0 tunes on it. Great that they don't mention that on the downloads page, or the FAQ.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
anyone know how much hp you get outta a v6 with a tune???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
DW Rutledge said:
anyone know how much hp you get outta a v6 with a tune???
generally, you give up 12-15 hp to 87 octane. (6-7% on most 87 octane cars)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the website I bought it from quotes 25+ bhp, I'm sure that is a bit inflated, but it feels noticeably stronger, and I can break the rear end loose whenever I feel like it now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
Goliath said:
the website I bought it from quotes 25+ bhp, I'm sure that is a bit inflated, but it feels noticeably stronger, and I can break the rear end loose whenever I feel like it now.
it's a bit misleading. You'll probably gain that down low, as it disables the torque management software. But in terms of peak hp, I doubt highly it's any more than 15.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Check out Bamachips.com they will create a custom tune just for you

you just gotta tell em what your lookin to get out of it and what mods you already have
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top