Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up a set of 18x9 Chrome bullitt rim, and i dont wanna spend more then 250? a tire so if any one help help me out for some new low profiles, pls post ur ideas here

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I like my Fuzion ZRIs, They didn't break the bank either. What size did you want to get? All 4 the same so you rotate them? If so 265/35/18s will work.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i dont want just 1 offset so i cant change if tread it getin bad :laughlitt

·
Registered
43 Posts
dollarbill said:
I like my Fuzion ZRIs, They didn't break the bank either. What size did you want to get? All 4 the same so you rotate them? If so 265/35/18s will work.
Dollarbill, How are your Fuzion ZRIs at the track.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have 18x9 saleen rims on some nitto 555 extreme 255x35 in the front, with the drag radial 555r 285x35 in the rear.. its a clean, smooth, powerful setup

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I agree on the F1 GS-D3's. They're not all that great when you first start moving, but once you get the slightest bit of heat in them, they can't be beat for grip, except by a drag radial.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
DaveDyno said:
Dollarbill, How are your Fuzion ZRIs at the track.

Thanks
Dave
I've cut 3 2.0 60' in a row one night. I can always get a 2.1, pretty good. In cold weather they kinda suck though. They need a good burn out to hook.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
oops double post....sorry

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
If you all are serious about times in the 1/4 or 1/8th, you would skip the 18" rims and low profile tires altogether. To get the best grip possible, you need a 15", with D/R's. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of some short tires with some big a$$ chrome rims, but I put all this $$$ into my car for speed, why not get the most out of it!

BTW, $250 a tire, I would think you had your pick of the litter at that price!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have Sumitomo HTRZ II's and love them.Great all around tire.Just don't try them in the snow :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
I agree on the F1 GS-D3's. They're not all that great when you first start moving, but once you get the slightest bit of heat in them, they can't be beat for grip, except by a drag radial.
Yup, I have them on my car right now. When they are cold they spin really easily (and I have 315's on the back:eyebulge: ). But once I drive them for a little while and they get the slightest bit of heat in them; they are unstopable. Amazing grip. I also have never come across a tire that is better in the rain. They grip just as good in the rain as they do in completely dry conditions. Another thing I have to praise them for is their life. For a high-performance tire, these things are lasting a loooooooooooong time; and I put them through hell and back and I still have thousands and thousands of miles left on them. That makes me happy since this is my daily driver:laughlitt

·
Registered
701 Posts
Agree:

GoodYear Eagle F1 GS-D3. Have a set of them on my Saab 9000 Aero.
Great tire, great traction. Just a little pricy...

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I'm still using the stock size on the rear for now. I'm tryin really hard to convince the wife we need a pair of 17x10.5's on the rear with some 315's to hook all this torque.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.