Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was wondering ive been wanting to improve my cars speed for a while now but i have to do it slowly because im 16 and i only get 100 bucks a week from my parents and i dont have a job

I have like 480 saved up for my car but i was wondering what should i buy first?

bbk or k&n cold air intake

pypes headers

a tuner

if u have any other suggestions of what i should buy please let me know ( im a retard when it comes to cars )

also does anybody have any pictures of a kona blue 2010+ with a chrome billet grille replacement i was thinking of getting one but i want to see how it looks thank you

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hey i was wondering ive been wanting to improve my cars speed for a while now but i have to do it slowly because im 16 and i only get 100 bucks a week from my parents and i dont have a job

I have like 480 saved up for my car but i was wondering what should i buy first?

pypes headers

a tuner

if u have any other suggestions of what i should buy please let me know ( im a retard when it comes to cars )

also does anybody have any pictures of a kona blue 2010+ with a chrome billet grille replacement i was thinking of getting one but i want to see how it looks thank you

So what I would buy first if I were you would be the headers are you thinking long or short ???

·
Registered
1,319 Posts

pypes headers

a tuner

(Don't know WHY I'm telling a 16 year old this...)

Save up for a Tuner/JLT CAI combo from American Muscle. Start there.
Rear-end upgrade to 8.8 and gear change (3.73 or 4.10)
Dual Exhaust upgrade
Longtube headers
Pulley swap.

Should get you right. NO STREET RACING!!!!!:nono:

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
If you have $480 saved, save up another $70 and get the JLT CAI SCT X3 Tuner Combo from American Muscle with Free Tunes for Life. That will be your Biggest Gain in Preformance and going Faster:bigthumbsup Also I'd get ALL 93 Octane Tunes if you can get 93 where you live, also get the 93 Race Tune and you'll have a Grin from ear to ear.
As for Dual Exhaust, you wont gain and HP or Speed from it but it will look and sound better.
I would Not get the BBK or K&N CAI, trust me go with the JLT CAI SCT Tuner Combo:winks

·
Registered
472 Posts
I would invest into getting into school to work on knowing your car then get work and tune right now imk about to start school next month. also just got med discharged out of mil so I'm saving up for emergency repairs and saving to move out of my dads that's all the advise I can give ya.:cooldude:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well not to sound stuck up but my college is made :\ so i really dont need to save for school

About the jlt cai they dont sell the combo for the 2010 v6 on american muscle should i buy the separate intake and tuner? i think it comes out like 30 dollars more only

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also whats the diffrence between long and short headers?

im not gonna street race :p i just want to give my PONY some BALLS
Any one got a pic of a 2010+ mustang konablue with a chrome billet grille would REALLY appreciate it

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
Invest into a good repair manual and read it like a Bible, maintain your brakes, tires and suspension, keep the car running as economically as possible and plan on using it to commute to college or tech school. Keep it looking good and dependable, drive sane and you'll score lots of chicks. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
448 Posts
Cold air/tuner package. Absolute best bang for your buck in that price range.

·
Registered
531 Posts
i wish i got an allowance:gringreen

the best first mod for any mustang is sct flash tuner with cai

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Call AM and ask them about the JTL CAI & SCT Tuner combo for the 2010 mustang. Don't waste your money on a CAI that doesnt require a tune.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
well not to sound stuck up but my college is made :\ so i really dont need to save for school

About the jlt cai they dont sell the combo for the 2010 v6 on american muscle should i buy the separate intake and tuner? i think it comes out like 30 dollars more only
You've got the same engine as the 05-09 V6. This Will work for you.

JLT Mustang CAI & SF3 Tuner (05-09 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

The headers we can get into later. Do this first. :smartass:

Comes to just over $520.00 with our forum discount. (DON'T ASK)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just so you know, Headers on this engine will get you the least gain. Indeed the CIA and Tuner is by far the biggest bang for the buck. But, true duals is one of the coolest upgrades that will give you the sound you want. The true dual kit from New Car Takeoff is the best bargin for true duals and includes enerything needed besides the labor.
Good Luck, and drive safe.

R

·
0 Posts
If you're capable of saving your $100/week indefinately, then you have some nice options available to you down the road. The suggestion of getting the CAI/Tune from AM first is absolutely correct. After that, get a muffler (only burn money on dual exhaust if you are willing to pay for the looks). Come back in a few weeks when you've done both of those, and we'll help you take the next step. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
62 Posts
+1 on JLT CAI w/Bama "Tunes for Life!" By far the best first performance mod and biggest bang for $'s spent for horses gained. And it's like driving a new car each time you upload a tune.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow. I wish I got an allowance of $100 a week...

I HAVE a job but due to school in the past I was not able to work as much as I had wanted...

My advice: SAVE UP

Grab a CAI/Tuner combo as the others are saying from AM and then just save for the big projects:

-New/functional hood (i.e. shaker hood, or venom)
-New rear axle assembly 8.8" end w/ 3.73 -or- 4.10 gears w/ Limited Slip Diff. (aka Trac loc)
-Dual Exhaust
-SUPERCHARGER f.y.i. the X-Charger Xtreme is $6K

So really if I were you I'd definitely save for the big stuff. Don't bother wasting your money on small purchases here and there. Save up and then buy your goodies all at once :) Trust me, If you don't do your work yourself then bundling all that labor together for a shop will save you big $$$

~My two cents...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts