Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GT's going to be here in a few weeks. In addition to the Flowmasters and sequential turn signal wiring sitting in my garage, I thought I'd order a service manual for it before it arrives.

A trip to the Helm Inc. website shows the following:
Top of Form

Item 1

2006 Mustang Service Information CD-ROM

Price: $170.00

Item 2

2006 Mustang Wiring Diagram

Price: $63.00

Item 3

2006 MUSTANG WORKSHOP MANUAL

Price: $150.00

Item 4

2006 Powertrain Control Emission Diagnosis Manual Gas Only

Price: $125.00

---------------------------------------------------------

My questions are:

1. I'd like to get as much info as possible. If I buy the Item 1 CD, do I get the Items 2 - 4 on the CD?

2. If I buy the Item 3 manual, is the Item 2 wiring diagram included?

3. Can you copy the Item 1 CD? If something happens to the CD (gets damaged), am I out of luck?

Thanks.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I bought the cd which is actually a dvd so you better have a dvd on your computer. the dealers get new ones every month or 2 so some enterprising individuals sell the old ones on ebay. I got mine for around $35.00. Once they pass their due date all you need to do is back up your date on your computer and they still work.

It beats paying full price. and yes all wiring diagrams are in there

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
gd06gt said:
My GT's going to be here in a few weeks. In addition to the Flowmasters and sequential turn signal wiring sitting in my garage, I thought I'd order a service manual for it before it arrives.
I just bought the workshop manual. It will arrive in 3-4 days. I give a report on what it contains when it arrives. The description was small but mentioned 3000 pages and installation parts bumper to bumper including complete engine and tranny rebuild. Sounds good to me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I paid $10 for my Ford factory DVD on Ebay for my '05. Since these are what the dealers use, they are pretty complete including wiring diagrams, assembly/disassembly, and troubleshooting the computer error codes. Rather than spend well over a $100, buy one off ebay and if you don't like it, you can always order the Helms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts