Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greets, this would be my first post. Proud owner of a 2-week old 2006 V6 Mustang. My first mod is to rip out the plain-jane factory CD player and put in a Shaker 6-Disc MP3 system that I picked up cheap on Ebay.

What I don't want to do is mess anything up during the installation. Does anyone have, or know where I can find diagrams or photos showing how to properly extract remove the interior panels to get to the radio?

Cheers.

·
Registered
100 Posts
do a search and you should find a pdf for radio installation/panel removal

·
Registered
767 Posts
First word of advise...sell the skipper and get something else. It is probably one that someone got tired of having it replaced and finally just sold it and put something else in ( that is what I did... ). And you are not going to be able to get Ford to warranty it since it is not factory equipment in your car.

But here is what you are looking for.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
IT's cake to remove it. Takes like 2 minutes to get all the screws out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. I wasn't planning on using the deck as my primary music source. I just like to have an MP3 CD option if it's handy. I'll be using my iPod through the CANBUS connector. The MP3 deck came out of a 1 week old F150, owner replaced the factory deck right away. It was only $150, so it's not a huge loss if it ends up being cacked.

I bought one of these so I could connect the iPod to the AUX on the deck.
http://www.installer-data.com/item/display_item.php?it=frd04-aux

Eventually I'll replace it with an in-dash DVD, and probably mount a modded xbox somewhere in the car. but that's after I have the Eleanor stripes put on.

:laughlitt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts