Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a Prosport Uego controller installation instructions.I have a question on the power harness that goes to the sensor. I have for wires which need to be hooked up as the directions state.
1. red- Battery (+) (constant power source)
2. white- 12V+ ingnition switch
3. black-engine ground(-)
4. orange-dimmer/+12V : CONNECT to headlights to activate.

This harness plugs into a sensor box.
So.. do all of these 4 wires need to really be hooked up for the gauge to work properly? I am not liking all of the wiring you have to do here. I know just do it,and if I do not have to wire all these wires why do it?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1, 2, & 3 yes. 4 - no.
Thank you so much , I could not see what 4 was about. I would seem you could only use it if your headlights are on.

I have Another question, I wonder where can put the bung? Should it go right below the top o2 sensor, on the long tube header? I would think that is where the 4 pipes come together and would not want to screw that up. So maybe on the bend up on the off road xpipe?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Thank you so much , I could not see what 4 was about. I would seem you could only use it if your headlights are on.
It just allows you to dim the LEDs with your interior dimmer switch.
I have Another question, I wonder where can put the bung? Should it go right below the top o2 sensor, on the long tube header? I would think that is where the 4 pipes come together and would not want to screw that up. So maybe on the bend up on the off road xpipe?
Install it on the midpipe, drivers side, not on the headers.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It just allows you to dim the LEDs with your interior dimmer switch.
Install it on the midpipe, drivers side, not on the headers.
It allows me to dim the gauge,which is kinda nice .

Thank you Stlwagon. This should not be to hard to do.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i just put in AEM's new analog wideband last week. very easy install. my longtube headers/x-pipe had bungs already in the start of the x-pipes so i just removed the plug and screwd the senser on in. as far as the wires go... the first 3 are definetly a must do but i needed to wire up the 4th one as well. the gauge never lit up all the way so i contacted AEM and they said that to have the gauge be at full intesity, it needed to have a 12v input on the dimmer wire. i didnt care about having the ability to dim the gauge so i just wired it right up on the same line as the one 12v switched.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should I put extender fuses on on these lines? Or at least the 12V switched? I also have a red wire coming in from the battery that goes to my bottle heater, could I junction it there; or do I need a seperate wire?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Should I put extender fuses on on these lines? Or at least the 12V switched? I also have a red wire coming in from the battery that goes to my bottle heater, could I junction it there; or do I need a seperate wire?
If wired from the same source, put fuses in them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.