Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Need some help with a couple of things...First I want you all to take a look at my spark plug I pulled to try and read what is going on:
http://www.ptg4air.com/pics/plug.jpg
Paxton advised me to do this to see if I was in fact running lean...It doesn't appear like I am looking at this plug but I am by no means an expert so please tell me what you think...It is a tannish/brown color which in my book looks "normal" which means I wouldn't have a lean condition...Question is since I always let off and never let it continuously detonate could I still have a lean condition despite how my plugs look????...If the answer is no did I waste my money on my new Adjustable FPR and Walbro 255lph HP pump????...Do I even need to install them????....I am almost sure a lean/lack of fuel is causing my problems but my plugs look good right???...Secondly to install my fuel pressure regulator my Haynes manual says removing the upper intake is not required but I swear I don't see how you would get to all 3 allen bolts without doing it...Does anyone know definatively if you do have to remove it????....I don't want to pull it if there is a trick to getting at the bolts or something...Also if I do have to remove it I am assuming that I need a new gasket too right?????Please let me know as this is getting old...Oh and one more thing, when I removed my plugs I noticed they were Autolite 25's...If memory serves correctly I believe those are stock correct?...It has been advised to go a step colder on the plugs would this be Autolite 24's????...How much do you think this may help the detonation problem if any???...Is it worth replacing them b/c that is an easy fix if it helps some...what exactly does a colder plug do for me???
Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
253 Posts
no one is really going to be able to read the plug by a picture. the only true way to tell by the plugs is with new ones, run at full throttle and shut down and then see what it looks like. take the intake off as it will be alot easier to gain access and work, pick up a new gasket or rtv sealant, get autolite 23 and gap to .034". what are your current plugs gapped at? and no you did not waste your money with the fpr and fp, both are necessities that need to be upgraded when running a supercharger, even a 6psi unit.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nails thanks for the reply...I am currently gapped at .035...I was told to only go to 24, but I was thinking 23 just to be sure and eliminate that...I am confused as to what to do now b/c you say 23, and others on other boards say 24...Any more insight as why I should go to 23 or 24????????

Thanks again,
Jason

·
Registered
253 Posts
just as long as you go colder than stock you'll be fine. when the car had stock heads i ran 23's, 24's are probably the better one to use, not sure if too cold of plugs will hurt anything???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.