Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have just bought my first mustang. it is a 1983 carburated 302 auto,it has a edelbrock intake man.,shift kit hurst shifter,holley 650 carb. it ran [email protected] the track was 97 and humid everyone says its not that bad but some stock hondas can get that! please help:help:

i have a edelbrock cam and 373 gears and 3200 stall converter in my closet will these help?
:green

G

·
Hi,

The cam will help, not sure on the stall converter, i have a man. and do know much about auto... but the cam will help, and the 373 gears too.. also a good set of rear control arms

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Yes your parts will help, but keep in mind nothing was fast in 1983 not even the vette.

G

·
The stall you have is probably a little bit high for an edelbrock cam unless you plan on making that car an all track car. Personally I would get a lower stall (once you install the converter, make sure you add a tranny cooler, the higher stall creates a lot more heat). But all those things will definitely help you out. How about posting the time slip so we can see what the car was doing down the track? Once you put those things on, you will have a traction issue. I would recommend some control arms and tires to put it to the ground.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.