Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where should i start? ac stopped working one minute to the next. next day pulled the negative battery post, replaced it and the car would not do ANYTHING! Not a beep, no power to the car it wont start unless i jump it. once running i remove the negative post it stays on i cut it off and again NOTHING! all this 2 hours away from home! Once i made it home i was going to pass a car and the car hessitated bad. someone told me it may be the computer, any ideas? Anyone PLEASE!:mesad::mesad:

·
Registered
221 Posts
dude calm down. 2 totaly different problems. sounds lke a bad battery terminal ,cable or connection. you didnt have that problem till you disconected the terminal right? also you maybe low on refrigerant etc... as far as the ac goes . need more details year etc....

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
+1 on above. This is the tech section for ppl wanting to fix their own cars.

Sure sounds like to me that the negative terminal battery cable repair did not take. Re-check your work.

Don't run the car with the battery disconnected. The battery is required to excite the alternator.

No battery = no alternator.

Today's cars will not run without a strong battery and charging system. Quite possible that performance problems also tied to the weak charging system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
battery cables and terminals replaced. bttery was replaced, car is turning on!!! ac still not working i attached a can of freon and the dispencer , the gage reads in the red zone i noticed after compressor not kicking on after ac is turned on full blast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ac issue

i've checked all cycle switches And replaced them. Ac compressor jumped with battery and it's operational. I tried charging the system and it won't take in any freon. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Have you checked all of the fuses in the engine bay and driver's kick panel?

What was the result of the voltage test at the AC low pressure switch DB/YE wire? The test is done with the key on and AC on.

This test sets the direction for all other tests. What were the results of the other tests called for?

Just wonder why the switches were replaced if you checked them. Did your test determine they were bad?

What is the model year of your car?

Note, it's not possible to add Freon unless the compressor is running.

Note2, it not possible to determine if the system NEEDS Freon unless the compressor is running.

Do the tests and post the results and you will get help.

If you want a copy of the Ford Service manual, I may be able to help. PM if interested.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car isa 2001 3.8 ford mustang. Thanks for the quick response. Switches wereonly 20bucks for both thats why i replaced them. i will try to charge the system again tomorow. I've checked the fuses and everything is good. Mechanic toldme the system might be clogged somewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts