Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here is what I have to start with. I have a 1982 mustang with a 302 in it, I want to rebuild this engine and try to get 350 hp to the flywheel. I have never rebuilt an engine this old and I know there are some differences between this 302 and the one that was in my 93. I want to keep it carburated. What should I do? Don't know what heads, cam, lifters, rockers, pushrods to use. Please help.

Thanks
Steve
:headscratch::headscratch::headscratch:

·
Registered
527 Posts
The best thing to do for your valvetrain is call CompCams. They can do a great job at matching up everything for you. You need to know what gears you have, and the stall converter if you are running an automatic. Everything else, It sounds like you have a clean slate. On my 351, I went with a Comp Cams Extreme Energy. There Magnum Rockers are nice, and hardened pushrods. Then I went with AFR Street Outlaw Heads. They are kick ass. I think calling them will help you get an idea for the exact specs you want for your application.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Depends on your budget, but check summit racing for their cylinder head combo kit for the 302. Part number EDL-2091 they say it should give about 367 to the flywheel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
302 top end kit

I belive that trick flow, holley, and motorsports all make top end kits that they say will get you over the 350hp mark. I have the one from motorsports on a stock bottom end 302 but i think that it falls short of the 350hp mark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.