Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just payed off both of my cars and I'm starting to get the mod bug again I puchased a set of 18x9 and 18x10 bullitts, gonna get some 265/35/18 and 295/35/18 Nitto NT05's only problem is I cant decide what would look best a 1.5 or a 2.0 drop also what brand springs to get? Im looking for the same stance this mustang has that I found on the net it looks sweet. Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
When i bought my car about 2 years ago, that hoe was slammed. Im talking about 2.5" to 3.0" low. From personal experience you will feel every pebble in the road literally. You dont want anything past 1.5". I put on the Ford C-Springs and they are great. when i order bigger tires and rims they will fit awesome and look great.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You won't be happy with a two-inch drop. I had H&R SuperSports on my '01 GT - it went down about 1.7" in front, 1.6" and that was overkill.

I also had 18x9 and 18x10 Bullitts. I started out with 265/35-18's in front, but I ended up with bump steer, tramlining, and steep driveways were hell on my exhaust system. When I switched over to 255/40-18 and 295/35-18 tires, the car felt and handled much better.

And if you install stiffer springs, you MUST get better shocks. And get a good set of C/C plates, or you'll chew up the inside edge of your expensive front tires very quickly.

And don't forget the subframe connectors.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
You won't be happy with a two-inch drop. I had H&R SuperSports on my '01 GT - it went down about 1.7" in front, 1.6" and that was overkill.

And if you install stiffer springs, you MUST get better shocks. And get a good set of C/C plates, or you'll chew up the inside edge of your expensive front tires very quickly.

And don't forget the subframe connectors.
Good advice here. ^^ Besides, I don't think the car in that picture is dropped two inches. It looks more like 1.5"-1.75" to me.

These springs drop it about 1.5". 1979-2004 Ford Mustang V8 UPR Pro Series Lowering Springs by Eibach at UPR Products - Lifetime Warranty!

If you want to round out the package like Hoss was saying, you could look at these struts and shocks: 1994-2004 Ford Mustang Strange 10 Way Adjustable Strut S6005LM - UPR Products 1994-2002 Ford Mustang Strange 10 Way Adjustable Shock S6004LM - UPR Products

These CC plates: 94-04 Mustang Billet Shark Caster Camber Plates

And these sub frame connectors: 79-04 Mustang Full Length Subframe Connectors

Keep in mind that only the springs are necessary to lower the car, but the struts and shocks help dampen the higher spring rate of the lowering springs, the CC plates allow you to adjust out the camber gain from the drop, and the subframe connectors reduce the twist you'll feel with the stiffer shocks/struts/springs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts